• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Randomn Tinkering With Toys

Devwon

Rock Stacker
Mostly lurk and learn here but looking to be more active. I grew up thirsting over Tamiya kits so I finally bought and rebuilt an OG Brat a few years ago and the addiction took over. I'll leave the build threads to you professionals and just post up my RC adventures.

My two rigs, ECX Barrage V2 and SCX10.

PWR9sf1l.jpg

And a V1 Barrage for the wifey.

i7COx2sl.jpg

I'm a die hard Yota man but the 4Runner body was getting old and I just sold my 1:1 so it was time to go. Fire up the Ender 3 Pro......

XO6kQnpl.jpg

ZmKxPjDl.jpg

One week of non stop printing later and we've got a Y61 Nissan Patrol and a lot of goddamn body work to do, :flipoff:to me.

bqkxYgxl.jpg

Not sure I want to print any more bodies after all that sanding, holy baby jeebus that was brutal! I could have done better but whatevs, it's about to get beat up on a regular basis.

UEHLxGml.jpg

Made some windows and we hit the trail. I just need longer sliders and call it done.

oJK0qmUl.jpg

mCZkeKdl.jpg

More pics of the backyard course to follow

Fellow Yota fan, cool rigs. In for yard scenery.

There's a hard body Patrol I would love to build, but I'm trying my hardest to remain Toyota only lol.

I've taken acetone and brushed it over the prints. Comes out nice and smooth!

Fellow Yota fan, cool rigs. In for yard scenery.

There's a hard body Patrol I would love to build, but I'm trying my hardest to remain Toyota only lol.

Thanks Goro! Which Patrol? I'm rollin Nissan's until I buy/build another 1:1 4Runner to copy. Next body print will be an Xterra to match my current ride. Been learning design but nowhere near ready to tackle that project and can't find a reasonably priced model.

ScaleLife and Gula, appreciate the advice! I'm familiar with both but haven't tried either yet. Will def be testing on a few prints here soon.

Thanks Goro! Which Patrol? I'm rollin Nissan's until I buy/build another 1:1 4Runner to copy. Next body print will be an Xterra to match my current ride. Been learning design but nowhere near ready to tackle that project and can't find a reasonably priced model.
Xterra would be nice. Would love to own a low mileage one.

So I did some searching for the hard body I had in my watch list for the longest time. It was an overseas auction but the price was over $200. They used a few of these pictures with this rig though and had the bare hard body pics as well.
17a2c3f4d2518ecce8d1d63b1170d3ae.jpg

Great looking printed body!"thumbsup" And another Yota fan here!;-)

I've been wanting to 3D print a body, but the amount of time to print and then the body work and sanding has kept me from printing one. For now I'll just stick to buying hard bodies or lexan!

Great looking printed body!"thumbsup" And another Yota fan here!;-)

I've been wanting to 3D print a body, but the amount of time to print and then the body work and sanding has kept me from printing one. For now I'll just stick to buying hard bodies or lexan!

Thanks BMOW! I hear ha on time but it's always worth it when I'm done and the printer's gotta print to earn its keep. I'll suffer the sanding for now but will be testing other techniques as Gula and ScaleLife suggested.

I've returned to my Yota senses finally:mrgreen:. Now I have to get motivated for endless sanding.
PJWGNBrl.jpg

bm2ZQwNl.jpg

Shots from last year. Happy to start reworking the trails now that spring is here
2NPy9Rnl.jpg

9xnUaoDl.jpg

1qVJFtSl.jpg

wE1HBR2l.jpg

nDsGLR6l.jpg

fgQbOBVl.jpg

KvYsH0Pl.jpg

One day I'll finish this....... maybe. I'll need to remove the sliders so I can lower the body, print my rear body mount, then probably more fender trimming and figure out a front bumper. Sanding, paint and windows will only get done if I like how it sits.
wKOGjipl.jpg

Good stuff, here for random tinkering and pictures. I was randomly gifted an ender 3 pro but sadly... no space and no friends to help use it, I gave it back 6 months later. Ragrets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks! Get it back if you can or look for upcoming sales around the holidays. There's tons of community/Youtube help available.

Back