• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

R4 Single Speed Upgrade on TF2 LWB

Cr4wL_N_CL1mB

Hi guys,

I purchased the R4 transmission and motor mount recently to install on my TF2 LWB. I like the clean front and center motor and transmission look. However, I ran into an issue...the stock transfer case does not match with the output shaft from the R4 transmission because it's centered now. Can anyone tell me what transfer case I will need and any additional transfer case mounts?

Thanks in advance.

The output shaft of the transmission would not line up with the Hammer Transfer case that comes with the TF2 LWB kit. However, I purchased the TCI Heavy Duty R4 Single Speed Scale Transmission w/ O/U Drive Transfer Case combo and that solved the issue. My new problem is getting driveshafts that match up in length and couple to the transfer case output shafts better. The stock Punisher shafts need trimming in the front to prevent binding and the M3 driveshaft pins make contact but never lock up when tightened. They just screw on through from one side to the other. I'll add pictures to better illustrate the situation once I am home.

Back