• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

quick review.........

slugger

well lads the 2 rtr kits have arrived........ ive only opened one for now but i thought i would post my findings.........
innitial responce = wow...... this thing looks awesome, leaques agead of what i was expecting, only small dissapointment was the bodywork [shell] ? ...... looks thin and flimsy, but i guess this is the norm, so no biggy :)
i took the cage off to check everything, thats when i noticed one of the kingpins loose in the box :shock: .......no problem, the little grubscrew wasnt done up at the factory, so simply pushed the kingpin in, and did-up the grubscrew [yo see, it pays to check prior to first run] :)
most of the bolts are either nyloc, or the bolts/screws go into plastic, so not that much actually needs threadlock "thumbsup"
i pulled both diff covers and greased them up...... to be fair the grease that was already in there looked to be of good quality, if applied a little sparingly for my taste.
battery charge took a couple of hours [im guessing because its its first charge]?
which gave me plenty of time to go through all the settings..........wow, this dx4c is a top piece of kit :shock: during my setting up i managed to lose bind......and lose aux-1 [gear servo] but a combination of youtube and an online manual for the controller [surely a manual should be included in the kit ?] :evil: meant that after just 3 short hours, yes 3..... i managed to get everything working perfectly [well to be fair, the last controller i used was a/ 20 yrs ago and b/ had 2 sticks, and 2 trim adjusters, thats it ! :mrgreen:
at least this experience gave me a good chance to get to grips with the programming and its features [very impressive] you can program speed limits forward and reverse....... servo speed.......servo throw.......gradual/2 position / 3 position, you can even dial in how the brakes work, amazing stuff [but you all know this already im sure] :flipoff:
as for its first run........ holy sheet...... this thing is awesome, its exactly what i had hoped it would be...... great speed in top , great controll in 1st .... soaks up bumps and jumps with ease and lovely precise steering/speed controll 10/10 :)
i have fitted the rear sway bar kit [works very well] and adjusted the shocks -rear a tad stiffer, fronts backed right off .......this seems to give [with the sway bar] a good balance of articulation but also good stability at speed..... i shall of course play around a bit more with these settings [including the sway bar , it comes with 3 different options of stiffness] but i think im in the ballpark of how i want it handling.......
so, very very impressed by the quality/adjustability etc of the kit......ver impressed by the controller options.......very impressed by the handling and performance.......and [again this wont be news to you guys] but very impressed by the small/light battery....... lasts well andgives great output :)
i may in the future fancy a brushless settup with 3 cell [did i get that right?] when and if i get bored with the top speed....... but in truth i dont think it needs it, i think theres enough top speed to go for small jumps / drifting / and general bashing....... theres certainly enough acceleration...... i think if there was too much more power it would become hard work to control ? and thats not what its all about for me, i want the fun without the agro..... so for now at least im very happy........ i think vaterra got this thing perfect right out of the box, yes its a compramise between a fast buggy and a dedicated crawler, but thats EXACTLY what i wanted for me and my son.....
awesome "thumbsup"

Back