• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Questions for Landrover D90 painting...

jonathanm

So far (after having waited several months over winter for the weather to come into spray primer territory) I've primed the body, doors, tailgate, and other main parts in plastic grey primer, given the flat areas a light 1200 grit wet 'n dry light sand to smooth off the texture of the spray paint a bit (not sure if it's just the paint I'm using or if it was the humidity / temperature, should have been fine for spraying).

My plan is to spray a medium blue (typical Landrover D90 farmer pickup colour here in the UK) with a white roof, I'll use gloss and probably do two coats, with a 1200 wet sand between.

Should I paint the black plastic parts? I thought yes, in a satin black, but I don't have a real D90 to hand to reference, only photos from the internet. In those photos, with a blue body colour, the seats and some of the interior appears to be a two-tone grey colour with dark/black floor, is this accurate? It's difficult to tell as the lighting looks to be from a sunny day. The RC4WD instructions don't really give much away when it comes to paint schemes!

Back