• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

proline light bar led help !!!

lordjasper1988

Pebble Pounder
hey guys I've got the proline light bar enroute and i need help with the less going in it. I'm using the tamiya tlu-01 and normally the leds are ran in series pairs, but the light bar has 5 pods and i want them all lit, how would be best to run the 5 leds? series or parallel? do i run 1 or more plugs etc...
and help is greatly appreciated :)

Depends on how many volts your LEDs are rated for but since voltage is constant in a parallel circuit I would go for parallel. A series circuit will split the voltage between all the LED's.

Sure, you could wire all the positives to the positive prong and all the negatives to the negative plug. Might get tricky soldering 5 wires to one prong, or you could just wire the LED's to each other right at the light bar, just attach the positive's to each other and the negatives to each other.

If you group all the + and the - together it is a much easier process, as long as the LED's have there own resisters."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup". Parallel.

unfortunatly i didn't have the resistors needed :( i had to wire them up 2 in series of pairs and one single... i don't mind, just wish i had te resistors but man i love this light bar! super bright. :) .

its a fantastic light bar, I'm a bit annoyed that i can't find the resistors i need bit I'm not bothered that I'm running 3 plugs off my tlu-01 really bright but the only thing is when i roll the truck the black comes off and the light shines through the scratches, i think ill try dying the buckets black but the insides are silver so ill have to see if i can take them out so they don't go black lol

its a fantastic light bar, I'm a bit annoyed that i can't find the resistors i need bit I'm not bothered that I'm running 3 plugs off my tlu-01 really bright but the only thing is when i roll the truck the black comes off and the light shines through the scratches, i think ill try dying the buckets black but the insides are silver so ill have to see if i can take them out so they don't go black lol

the traxxas summit light bar is awsome!! all chrome 12$ and takes a beating"thumbsup"

Back