• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Post your electronics lineup

for my SCX10 iii,

Motor+ESC: Hobbywing AXE550 2700kv combo
Steering Servo: Highest C900W
Dig Servo: Spektrum SX107
Steering Servo: Spektrum SX107
Transmitter: FlySky GT5

Hopefully you are using something beefier than the SX107 for steering...

Welcome to the site!

Congrats on your first kit. Building is as much fun if not more than driving. I hope you experience the same. We can walk you through any issues you encounter.

For my SCX10 III I'm using the following:

ESC: Tekin BXR (first time trying this)
Motor: Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster Sport 540 16T (first time trying this)
Steering Servo: Holmes Hobbies SHV500v3 (first time trying this and what a beast!)
Dig Servo: Spektrum SX107
Steering Servo: Spektrum SX107
Transmitter: FlySky GT5

I hate external BEC's and only used them when absolutely necessary. The 1080 has a stout internal BEC and it's good enough for most high quality servos. When setting your internal or external BEC you have to ensure your receiver and your servo can take the voltage.

Are you using channels 5 and 6 for trans and dig, i.e., the dials?

Are you using channels 5 and 6 for trans and dig, i.e., the dials?

This is how I have my GT5 transmitter setup.

Channel 3 (2-position button): 2-speed transmission
Channel 4 (3-position toggle lever): Dig
Channel 5 (dial): BXR adjustable drag brake

This is how I have my GT5 transmitter setup.

Channel 3 (2-position button): 2-speed transmission
Channel 4 (3-position toggle lever): Dig
Channel 5 (dial): BXR adjustable drag brake

Perfect thanks. Another 10 days until my rig and micro service show up, then the build time...

My first crawler rig and satisfied so far.

Txmr Spektrum DX5C
Rcvr Spektrum SR6100at
ESC Tekin RX4
Motor Tekin Brushless Roc 412HD (at 60 mm needed some mods to fit)
Steering Servo SAVOX
Min Servos 23 SX107s

This is my setup:
Combo: HOBBYWING AXE XERUN 550 3300KV
dig unit: Spektrum sx107
shift servo: Spektrum sx107
steering servo: Savox 2290SG

In the mean time, since I couldn't get a Xerun, i just purchased a Mamba X and waiting either for HH motor 2700 kv or a CC 2850 kv. As far for the servo I went with a Absima Combat HV servo

ESC - Castle Mamba X
Motor- HH Puller Pro 2700KV V2
Steering- Futaba S9177SV
Dig- Spektrum SX107
2 Speed- Spektrum SX107
Transmitter- Spektrum DX5C
Receiver- Spektrum SR515

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ordered my SCX10 iii kit, still waiting as it's on back order. My electronic selection for the esc is still questionable because I'm interested in the Castle Mamba X micro crawler edition. Has anybody used it and how does it hold up if you are slightly over the 8lb limit? I'm torn between this and Hobbywing 1080 with a Holmes hobbies 550 crwlmaster.

Ecopower 120 steering servo, I'm sold on this servo running one in my TRX4 and my Vanquish VS410-Pro they've never let me down.
Dig servo spektrum SX107 back order.
At this point not planning to use the 2 speed.
Futaba 4PV
Up in the air on a winch, what is everybody using? I run the Reefs 444 winch on my VS4-10 Pro and it's wonderful.
Thanks in advance for suggestions on my questions.

I use a Micro X in my Capra, which weighs 6.25 lbs ready to run. I will admit that when I crawl I've got two trucks that I take and alternate between the two so I always have some time to let the ESC cool off. Probably the one area where the Mamba X excels over the Micro X is the BEC, in amperage. The BEC in the Mamba X is rated at 8 amps, whereas the Micro X is only 2 amps. One instance where this won't matter as much is if you use a direct power servo. If you chose the Reefs winch, and get in a situation where you are winching, steering and bumping the throttle you might get into a spot where you don't have enough power.

Whaddup all! Took out my old SCX10 Honcho the other day and saw Axial came out with a new model. Got one on pre-order but who knows when that will arrive. This will be my first build RC and am not very familiar with what all I will need to complete it, but I have started compiling a list based upon what others have posted. Here's what I have so far- any input would be appreciated!

Motor: HH Trailmaster Pro 540 2700KV
ESC: Castle Creations Mamba X
Steering Servo: ??
Dig Servo: ??
Receiver: Spektrum SR6100AT
Transmitter: Spektrum DX5C

Motor: Holmes hobbies Puller Pro V2 stubby 3300kv
ESC: Mamba Micro X.
Steering servo: 3brothers G12.
Dig: SX107.
2-Speed: N/A
Receiver: Spektrum SR515.
Transmitter: Spektrum DX5C
Light System: MyTrickRC haloes, rock lights, light bar, headlights and tail lights.

My SCX10 III
Motor: Holmes torquemaster expert 540 35t
Steering Servo: Savox 1210SG
ESC: Hobbywing 1080
Micro Servos: Align DS450 (Fingers crossed)
Radio: Spektrum DX5C with SR515 Receiver
Battery: ProTek RC 3S 120C Shorty LiPo Battery 11.4V/4500mAh

Back