• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Possible to build a 9.5-10" wheelbase SCX10 II out of the Raw Builders Kit?

wwaveform

I'm planning a Wrangler YJ build originally to use the RC4WD Trail Finder 2 SWB, but the Axial RBK is a better deal for me. Only problem is that its only configurable down to 11.4" at its shortest. With custom links, is it possible to make it even shorter?

To answer your question, it is possible to make it that short with custom links. It's just when shortening it that much, the chassis may get in the way of the body sitting low.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

10.5" is easy, links only.

Shorter than that will require frame mods, and shorter shocks. You can section the frame in front of the skid and remove about an inch. The rear wont be a problem, just lop some off the rear and drill new holes. With shorter links the drive shaft angles will be steeper limitiing your wheel travel.

I built a 10 1/2" chassis using SCX10.2 parts not the kit (I just didnt want that tranny) and to get that short I had to adjust the front and rear, remake the battery/servo mount shock hoops panhard location, I scooted the skid forward as it would sit pretty far back if you leave it alone, the spur cover needed to be cut up to get clearance to the links which were already bent for clearance.
Build thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/606205-caught-bug-scorcher-build.html

Theres quite a bit of fine tuning to it so If Boomracing has that as a kit maybe its worth it. I still cant stand their low grade aluminum so I cant say I'd use them personally.

Back