• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Portals vs overdrive trans

iplaywithrocks

Rock Stacker
I have a really old Scx10 err.
I’ll be building a scx10 II because I found the raw builders kit to be pretty close in price to the upgrades I wanted to do .

That said I’m looking for a second rig and like the element sendero rtr and the trx 4 sport assembly kit .

I want to hear opinions on which people find to be the better of the two options . Portals or the overdrive trans if you had to just pick one and why .

Because this hobby is full of pretty things shortly after i get another I’m really gonna need a leaf spring rig too :(

Considering you'll have a 10.2, I'd go for the trx4 kit next. The Element is just too similar to a 10.2 in features, if you really want the overdrive trans you can buy it separately and bolt it right into your 10.2.

I crawl regularly with multiple TRX4s with my Enduro.

9 times of if 10, it’s the driver that is the deciding factor.

There have been multiple times where the Enduro would make climbs the TRX4 (or there driver) couldn’t do.

But there have been several times where the TRX4 made the climb and I couldn’t.

So buy the I’ve that attracts you the most, and drive the wheels off it.

I crawl regularly with multiple TRX4s with my Enduro.

9 times of if 10, it’s the driver that is the deciding factor.

There have been multiple times where the Enduro would make climbs the TRX4 (or there driver) couldn’t do.

But there have been several times where the TRX4 made the climb and I couldn’t.

So buy the I’ve that attracts you the most, and drive the wheels off it.
Best advice!

You also should consider upgrades can make it drive better or worse in different situations. And much of the advice given does not take stock rigs into full account, because most of us don't drive stock anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back