• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Painting the outside of a lexan body- Tamiya PS or TS?

CoupeUK

Rock Stacker
Just picked up a spare TRX4 Defender body that I wish to paint a different colour on the outside.

Should I choose Tamiya PS or TS for this and should I follow the same steps as painting the inside of a lexan body, ie wash, mask, paint, and leave to cure or is there a primer to use for paint longevity?

Only ever painted insides so it’s a little new to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy PS flat clear, then you can use any TS or regular spray paint.

Just spray the flat in between the regular paint coats and spray the flat first on the body.

Buy PS flat clear, then you can use any TS or regular spray paint.

Just spray the flat in between the regular paint coats and spray the flat first on the body.

That’s great advice, thank you very much.

So use flat clear as like a primer then? Never thought of that!

That’s great advice, thank you very much.

So use flat clear as like a primer then? Never thought of that!

Yep. I've done 2 bodies like this and it seems to cure properly and doesn't crack under flexing the lexan.

Yep. I've done 2 bodies like this and it seems to cure properly and doesn't crack under flexing the lexan.

I’m grateful, I thought it was going to be over complicated!

Thank you!

PS55 then shoot any TS over, this one is going on two years now
c5c4c91c79e3727a9b5b19c8646f3701.jpg

1153ea04095fd267657124993ccaaaf0.jpg

149e978e07a2e44a52b51153ac9148ac.jpg

e6364c27ee0cacaf49b6809a23bcb969.jpg

After and before

Hang up and Drive

Back