• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Outrunner Chatter

Greatscott

Too much build, not enough drive
Subscribed Member
I have little to no experience with outrunners, so I don't know if what is shown in the video linked below is normal or not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eaKhTufCvA

When first powered on, the ESC initialized properly, and there was no chatter. After about 20 minutes of solid running it started to chatter with no throttle inputs.

As seen in the video I took temp readings all over the motor. The motor did smell warm, but the highest temp I saw (near the wires) was 140*/f.

When I turned the SW4 back on, the motor did not initialize; the steering worked, but no throttle, and the SW4 did not give all of the POR tones. After two or three power cycles the SW4 powered up properly, and I had full control, but still with chatter.

Specs:
Enduro Kit
DX6R
SMC 3S 3000mhs
SW4
Stock gearing

Thanks.

Last edited:
Does it happen with the wheels off the ground? I’m wondering if maybe there’s an active drag brake turned on that’s causing the motor to engage/disengage thinking it needs to stop the car from rolling.

zero dosent always mean zero i have one esc that zeros out at almost full reverse on the trim tab on my gt3c its 89 of 100 to reverse but thats were the esc wants nutral to be even after calabrating the radio and the esc had no adjustments so i live with it lol

so play with the throttle trim cause both things your discribing point to throtle trim
if its not trim then i would guess the esc is toast or a bad servo or a bad rx

Never had that happen, and I've run outrunners for years. The motor only turns on input from the ESC.. that's an ESC problem most likely.

Back