• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Oct. 8-9 GCM Adventure Series USA 2016 Thread

Generis

Rock Crawler
Hey all! We have infiltrated the USA with our scale trucking series this year and will close out our season with this great North Carolina Adventure!
Camping, Trails, food, vendors, prizes, friends, and #tinytrucks "thumbsup"

13308548_1066172900103275_7334753981081167519_o.jpg

Join us for an EPIC GCM Scale Adventure coming up in October 8-9 2016! This is our first USA Adventure Series Event!
Come enjoy the #tinytruck Gallery, epic trail Adventures, and lots of great vendors!

TICKETS: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gcm-ad...arrie-nc-october-8-9-2016-tickets-25772708866

Date: October 8-9 2016
Where: Badin Lake Group Camp, Badin Lake Road Ra, New London, NC, 28127
Map: 35.449935, -80.072063 Badin Lake Road Ra
Time: 8:00AM Saturday Tech, Gallery Voting begins at 9:30AM, thru Awards Sunday at 12:30pm, Check out at 2pm. Schedule will be in each driver package and online at the FaceBook link here https://www.facebook.com/events/619799818170567/

Early check in Friday Oct. 7 from 7:30 pm to 9pm.
Cost: Each driver entry $40 in advance, $50 at door
Group Camping fee $5 in advance, $10 at door PER DWELLING. Register HERE at the Eventbrite link for this event.
Water, shower and bathroom facilities on site. Some charging power will be availabe in select locations, not at each camp site.
At-Event Breakfast Sandwich and beverage $4 in advance, $6 at event, PER one Meal.
Event shirts front and back print $20, Must pre-order at this Eventbrite link.

SPECIAL NOTES:
----We have a special 6 spot FULL SIZE OFFROAD training opportunity with Uwharrie Off Road Training Center (UORTC) running trail in the big trucks! If you wish to participate in this event, the cost is $300 per ticket for a October 7 Friday training, Limited spots available with waiting list for a possible additional session. Bring YOUR OWN full size rig to drive with UORTC!
For information and ticket sales please contact David at bowhouserc@gmail.com for this special event information. ----

----Campground rules: ----
The registration for group camping happens with your Group camping ticket HERE. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gcm-ad...arrie-nc-october-8-9-2016-tickets-25772708866
You do NOT need to register for camping at Uwharrie unless you want a powered RV site or a Private site. Your EventBrite Camping ticket with Adventure Series is all you need for the Group Camp Site.
Please follow the Uwharrie site below at the link for all the details about the campsite. Facility Details - BADIN LAKE GROUP CAMP, NC - Recreation.gov

Great stuff! Looking forward to seeing the pile of you down in the Carolina turf! Get your tickets and shirts ordered! "thumbsup"

I just moved to the Raleigh area. I might see if the stars line up to check this out. New to crawlers, but really digging the scale look.

Just bumping this back up! Looking forward to seeing what the GCM Scale Adventure Series is all about!

So is this it? 5 entries? I'm getting a bit concerned after paying $50 and not seeing much feedback from the promoter or the attendees :cry:.

Bug, This forum response isn't related to the event participation! There's a bunch of ticket sales, and we are prepping for a good crowd of scale truck loving people to come and run the Adventure! GCM will have a bunch of new products to show off as well, and I'm sure the other vendors have some goodies to show off as well! Looking forward to a great time with our #tinytruck friends!

To easy your mind I bought my tickets a while back but didn't say anything I'm sure others have done the same. I did chose to get a camping site at arrowhead campground because they all have individual power at each site. Right across the road from badin Lake group campsite from what skerb told me. 25 a night but I have the guys from eds hobby shop in myrtle beach coming with me and we bringing the racing trailer and a lot of trucks! I think as of now 6 of us are making the trip from myrtle!!

I got my ticket and shirt a few weeks back. I live in Holly Springs, NC but I'm originally from Albemarle which is on the other side of Badin Lake. Can't wait to run scale trucks in the same place I used to run my full size when I was in highschool.

I'm pretty excited too a few of my friends take there 1:1 broncos out there a good bit, but I have never been myself. They say it should be tons of fun though. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a cross canyon kit to build a new bright body I have had sitting around forever just caint decide between the gcm kit or the new scx10 2. Decisions decisions :mrgreen:

I'm pretty excited too a few of my friends take there 1:1 broncos out there a good bit, but I have never been myself. They say it should be tons of fun though. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a cross canyon kit to build a new bright body I have had sitting around forever just caint decide between the gcm kit or the new scx10 2. Decisions decisions :mrgreen:

Cross Canyon + SCX10 II axles

Problem solved :mrgreen:

Back