• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nor-Calrcrc 2008/09 Comp #6, Folsom

montereycrawler

Nor-CalRCRC
Nor-Calrcrc 2008/09 Competition #6

aae.jpg

Date: March 1, 2009
Time: Tech - 8:30
Comp - 9:00

For more info and the official sign-up list see the link below.
http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201

This is a great location and our past comps there have had a large number of competitors. It's going to be a lot of fun.

There are some videos of the past comps at Doton's Point here:
http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3

Last edited by a moderator:
Folsom should be fun. Is there still a lake there? It's getting grim. :-(

Anyone camping out for this one? I'm thinking of bringing the popup camper the day before.

depending on weather. might be in that area saturday.if so, i'm staying up there,(motel or camp)

Folsom should be fun. Is there still a lake there? It's getting grim. :-(

Anyone camping out for this one? I'm thinking of bringing the popup camper the day before.

Yep there is still a lake there but if we don't get some water soon it will be more of pond, this is going to be cool it's only about 25 minutes from my house.:)

Here are a couple of pics of Dotons Point to give you an idea of what it looks like if you have never been there.

P1040782Medium.jpg

P1040780Medium.jpg

P1040781Medium.jpg

P1040774Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Cant wait :D

Haha! I just added the flyer you made for this event and you put Comp 5 on it and not Comp 6.

I guess you can't count higher then 5, here's a tip, pull the other hand out of your pants and you will be able to count all the way to 10!

Haha! I just added the flyer you made for this event and you put Comp 5 on it and not Comp 6.

I guess you can't count higher then 5, here's a tip, pull the other hand out of your pants and you will be able to count all the way to 10!

Hmm, I come up with 11 when using that method.

Last Sundays was a wet one so it won't be any different this Sunday except I will be a little more prepaired, LOL!!!!!:lol:"thumbsup" See ya all out there!!!

First comp disaster?

Man the rain was crazy out there at the comp today. My first comp run ever ended a little badly with my rig glitching me into a nice puddle. I finsihed the course with some difficulty but then my reciever completely died on me. I had to wire my battery to the motor just so I could take forty points on the other two course instead of getting fifty for not attempting.

Oh yeah here is a link to the video of my rig going down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKavceeYvOE

judges

thanks to all judges who stood in the rain all day !!!! "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

1.9 course 1

Not sure how it worked out, but Badger was the only one to finish the course:roll: ~w~designs and myself were judging with a low score for the course of 22"thumbsup", I think it was a lucky bounce that set him up for gate 3 and 4, LOL!!! The rain sucked, but I think it was still a pretty good day had by every one that braved the weather and showed for the comp, thanks again Norcal for another great comp, hope to see ya at the next one..."thumbsup"

Not sure how it worked out, but Badger was the only one to finish the course:roll: ~w~designs and myself were judging with a low score for the course of 22"thumbsup", I think it was a lucky bounce that set him up for gate 3 and 4, LOL!!! The rain sucked, but I think it was still a pretty good day had by every one that braved the weather and showed for the comp, thanks again Norcal for another great comp, hope to see ya at the next one..."thumbsup"

Badger ran early and didnt have the dirty rocks thats why he did ok.

Back