• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Non portal fms blazer

chevy55

Rock Crawler
Since I’m waiting for the preorder blazer to ship. I ordered a few extra bodies from fairrc as they had everything needed to make complete body kits minus front and rear bumpers. I preordered the black K5
directly from fms and picked up a white body along with all the bumpers neede for the rest. To my surprise the body and bumpers showed up yesterday. I went straight to work with all the spare fms parts I had.
Specs are:
Fms 1/18 fire horse axles.
Custom soa mount some aluminum and stock fcx24 mount.
Stock v1 fcx electronics and 2 speed.
Fabbed up some links and driveshafts to get the W/B sitting just right.
Injora wheels and tires.
Waiting on all the other parts to finish up the body but she is rolling and it is a little faster than a stock fcx24 without the portals.

7fb98fba889d63d09c281a3317a8775c.jpg

ace9ebe49e9699740eff411f1f864189.jpg

dea60f448f51da7642fd27ab670df538.jpg

909c94f4d6b6a51cde52288ddeae2f0f.jpg

22f76d50ead66a20e4b73c0b68ba4c0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why they marketed the blazer as 1/24 because it actually looks quite nice with those 1/18 axles.

I wonder why they marketed the blazer as 1/24 because it actually looks quite nice with those 1/18 axles.

you can basically swap the portal/non-portal axles back and forth, they are almost identically sized. the portals are actually a tiny bit wider

Great lookin' truck! I'm keeping an eye on this one!

As you know very few RCs actually are classified in the right scale. I wish they would just figure out what scale it really is and update the name/classification so us builders have a better idea as to what fits with what instead of having to buy and try. :idea: :idea:

I am aware I just get frustrated by it because I like to keep every relatively close in scale. I was talking in another forum about how the scx24 bronco isn't 1/24 scale it would be more close to 1/22 similar to g scale in the train world.

Are the fire horse axles metal gear and cvd?

Can confirm they do have metal R&P’s and cvd’s.
only the LC80 comes with metal gears in the axles

Not true. All three of my fire horses came from factory with metal axle gears. The fms and roc hobby branded rigs all come with metal gears from the factory it’s the eazyrc branded rigs that come with plastic axle gears.

Started laying some paint down going for a old sunburned US forestry theme still waiting on my door decals. Still lots of weathering left to do but it’s getting there.
fcca6421d235ca8a915ce965fc4ba5ab.jpg

fbbae690d5a4cc0cdb8035a9dc5c75a9.jpg

b9f33007287fa92c60b0ee72178c6900.jpg

Back