• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Next truck advice plz...Bomber or something else?

SkidderUK

Hello,

I completed an SCX10ii build (raw builders kit with LC70 landcruiser) over christmas. Electronics wise has hobbyking 16T brushed crawler motor and ESC. This was my first crawler kit. We've got a few bashers (electric converted T-Maxx, couple of new corally brushless 2wd trucks for my kids) and some mini z and similar 1:24th cars and we fly planes, kind of retired from helis (as they are a PITA) and have some boats.

I'm really liking crawling as a new aspect of RC for me. My kids who are 10 and 12 absolutely do not get my scale truck or the pottering about. For my next build I was thinking about doing something that might appeal to them a bit more.

Was thinking of an axial bomber may be or something else that could work as a trail truck but be given a bit more speed for a slightly more bashery type experience.

I am completely open to suggestions. Any thougts?

Current options are Bomber 2.0, Losi Rock Rey (but feel this is perhaps too similar to bashers we have and have read a couple of things about dirt getting in the drive train that sounds annoying).

Thinking something that can crawl but also have a little pace and be a bit more exciting in the minds of my kids.

Gmade GOM? I'm a bit put off by some things I've read about the drive train being week and complex.

I'm quite tempted by a Capra but appreciate that is more straight up crawler and don't like the tiny battery bay. Would prefer to be able to use full size packs as we have quite a few.

So my hopes are something that we could take to the woods (our nearest ones have some steep, rooted and tricky bits) alongside my scx10ii and have a bit more of a blast with but still capable of getting up some trails. Couple of jumps as well as getting around the trails.

Any other suggestions much appreciated? I would love to build but can live with RTR and tweak (although I get sick of all the radios!) Budget up to about £500 ($600) give or take but of course extremely happy to spend less.

Probably leaning towards a bomber at the mo. Where I live it is mud, trails, hills moreso than rock crawling.

What are you running in the 10ii, 2s or 3s? My daughter and I have an Element Enduro (mine) with a 27t motor on 2s, with the OD it is a steady but somewhat slow crawler, it trails at walking speed or so, and a SCX10ii with the stock 35t motor on 3s and that rig is a "basher" to me, maybe not from the reliability standpoint but definitely from a grin factor. Whereas the Element creeps/claws the Axial will do donuts and run up hills like nobody's business. What I'm getting at is if you are wanting a little more trail speed maybe go 3s if you haven't already. We did a dirt drag race between the 2 the other day and it was hilarious, the 10ii is running 5"+ Proline Boggers and still handed the Enduro it's ass haha.

What are you running in the 10ii, 2s or 3s? My daughter and I have an Element Enduro (mine) with a 27t motor on 2s, with the OD it is a steady but somewhat slow crawler, it trails at walking speed or so, and a SCX10ii with the stock 35t motor on 3s and that rig is a "basher" to me, maybe not from the reliability standpoint but definitely from a grin factor. Whereas the Element creeps/claws the Axial will do donuts and run up hills like nobody's business. What I'm getting at is if you are wanting a little more trail speed maybe go 3s if you haven't already. We did a dirt drag race between the 2 the other day and it was hilarious, the 10ii is running 5"+ Proline Boggers and still handed the Enduro it's ass haha.

That's a good point. I am running 2s and haven't tried 3s in it yet (but do have suitable size 3s)

That's a good point. I am running 2s and haven't tried 3s in it yet (but do have suitable size 3s)

I'd try it, really wakes the truck up and gets you that wheel speed on tap. But if you have a trailing partner it is definitely cool to have 2 rigs that do different things. My daughter and I switch off when we get bored.

I'll definitely try it. I still want a new toy as well though! ;)

I think something like a bomber could work better for the kids to come with me rather than them with a pure basher. Last time we went out my son had his corally moxoo which does I guess more than 40mph on 2s and 50+ on 3s but is squirrely and can't climb at all and we both had fun but sort of incompatible fun.

this is my scx10ii by the way (not sure why pics aren't showing, may be coz I'm new)

Y47YcJL

Ppm0CbC

Back