• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Newbie shock question

kurpis

Rock Stacker
I have a RGT 136100v2. Its my entry into rc crawling and I really like this crawler especially at the price point.

I want to remove the shocks, but have never done it before and don't want to break anything. Can someone please tell me how to remove the upper part of the shock as its not held on by a standard screw. And if any tools are needed, please be so kind as to list those as well.

Thanks!!!

0ob7yGOYWZYoPXH_xA4kHlB_Wg-lSD59RJ8fXidvlCIJjlYZKzb2JnE0o04eBoNafMrRtpOhsyU_Md4Q3m108qjgpf_S8Mr58dtwmnMiq9aoA10mSIRQgt_dxQ047w

I'm not familiar with that specific car, but if I'm seeing that picture correctly, it looks like the upper shock mount is just a ball stud. If so, that means the shock is just popped on there, and can be removed by prying straight out to pop it back off. Alternately, you can unscrew the whole ball stud from the chassis while keeping it attached to the shock.

Back