• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Newbie Crawler Question

dan.nichols

I just purchased an Axial Wraith about 3 weeks ago. I am loving crawling and am having fun upgrading my Wraith. I do have a question and i am hoping someone can help me. I apologise in advance if i do not use the right term or inadvertently offend someone with my limited RC Crawler knowledge.

I purchased an STRC Aluminum Steering Linkage upgrade. I installed it and it looked right at first. I took it out and everything was fine for a few minutes, then all of a sudden the wheels turned all the way to the right and i had to manually move them back to the center. this happened two more times and i am wondering, did i do something wrong on the install? Should i put the stock steering links back in or is there a tip or trick someone can offer me? Or any feedback about what might have or be happening?

Thank you,

Dan Nichols

was it the servo that moved the wheels all the way to the right or did the dogbones pop outa the cups?

The dogbones were still in the cups, once i put the wheels back to center manually i could still drive it but everytime i turn the rig the wheels seem to sort of stick there. It does seem to be the servo doing this, thats why i thought i might have installed something wrong on the new steering linkage?

Can you post some head on pics?
Is the drag link over extending the servo arm... not sure if that makes sense.

20140129_201136.jpg

I don't know if you can get to that pic, if i did it right, but it is a pic of the steering linkage after i installed it but before i drove it and had the problem. Does it look like i installed it right?

can't see the pic... it looks like a direct link from your harddrive.
You can upload it to photobucket and link from there.

Back