• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

newbie comp crawler

I have searched an searched for compatible rx's for it. Found some, but aren't any cheaper. None on HK. Suppossidle there is but I never tested it.

Search Google. Maybe something changed lately.

so looking like
- chaotic crawler smash chassis
- chaotic crawler titanium links
-Voodoo tires getting 2 for free
- berg axles v1
- probably airtronics mt-4
- hitec 7950 servo
- wheels not sure any suggestions
- 2x micro sidewinder esc with castle bec
- motors still not decided probably holmes hobbies not sure what turn suggestions
- shock ???

am i missing anything ?

so looking like
- chaotic crawler smash chassis
- chaotic crawler titanium links
-Voodoo tires getting 2 for free
- berg axles v1
- probably airtronics mt-4
- hitec 7950 servo
- wheels not sure any suggestions
- 2x micro sidewinder esc with castle bec
- motors still not decided probably holmes hobbies not sure what turn suggestions
- shock ???

am i missing anything ?

As far as wheels go, personally I like carbon fiber, will look great with the chassis you picked. I currently run the dlux carbon fiber beadlocks and love them. Vanquish makes some very nice aluminum if u like that look..
As far as shocks, again, this is personally my opinion on what "I" like... Alot of other members prefer them as well, but look into the traxxas big bore shocks ( 3.5" is what I run), also look into the "cap mod" if u decided on those shocks and alot of people ( me included) run losi mini t springs on those shocks!

As stated above those are just my personal opinions and what I like and perform real good for me!

Sounds like you got your "ducks in a row" and have plans for a really good build!

Awesome line up this far!

For wheels.. so many great options out there an prices to match! It really depends on what ur looking for PR what you like the looks of?
Light weight? Plastic? CF? G-10? Aluminum?
Beadlocks or glue on? (I recommend beadlocks to start off with)

Anything that uses a bolt on "Slw" hub.. check out BC-Brian for some Swift hubs...

As for motors, HH it brood is bout it, for heavy comping and easy maintenance.

I'm loving my new HH motors, 30t team pro flo. They are, well just awesome! Haven't found anywhere that they don't have more then enough torque for, smooth, an amazing wheel speed for whatever size the gap or ledge you have to shoot. Roll covers with them together with my chaotic SMASH, cake!

Another guy in the club runs the 13t HH team pro crawl with great results! Super smooth, torque to go with it an wicked wheel speed.

So I got a 13t for my sporty.. just ridiculous what it can do!

As far as wheels go, personally I like carbon fiber, will look great with the chassis you picked. I currently run the dlux carbon fiber beadlocks and love them. Vanquish makes some very nice aluminum if u like that look..
As far as shocks, again, this is personally my opinion on what "I" like... Alot of other members prefer them as well, but look into the traxxas big bore shocks ( 3.5" is what I run), also look into the "cap mod" if u decided on those shocks and alot of people ( me included) run losi mini t springs on those shocks!

As stated above those are just my personal opinions and what I like and perform real good for me!

Sounds like you got your "ducks in a row" and have plans for a really good build!

what kind of motors do you run and what turn ?

As of right now I have a set of tekin pro 45t handwound. I'm in the market for some new motors for my build workin on now, I've ran HH tq master pros and like them alot,
In the near future ill be ordering some motors and will either go with them again or the pro flows, I will be going with either 30 or 35t.
HH or brood is the way to go! I've heard TONS of great feedback on both companies..
I've personally have only ran HH but have only good things to say about them..
Only reason I run tekin right now, I sold my previous rig with my HH Motors and got these tekins in a package deal and using them for mock up

I'm with 1r3land, I have ran 45 an 35t torquemaster pros, even the old HH pullers, 16t crawlmasters an now the team pro flo an team pro crawl type. Mini HH in my mini, way before I was a team driver. Never any issue and everyone of them smoother then the last, other then the 454 pullers, they were kinda touchy/ jumpy on start up. Team pro crawl an crawlmasters bein silky smooth on start up.

I will also second his play on CF wheels am Dlux ones at that. They have been on an off my rigs for around a year now and all the abuse I can throw at them. I use them for foam an tire testing an doff kinds of tires till I feel comfortable with glueing a setup ti a wheel. VP is of course a bombproof wheel, just heavier then most now days..

For glue on an price, I'm digging my ECD G-10 wheels(evil crawler design)(24g a wheel) and as of late, I just saw RCP hobbies has glue on CF wheels(20g) a wheel.. but that cues after tire an foam setup. Both companies are 90$ a set.

Don't forget Dlux has the g-10 glue ons (18g a wheel) for ridiculous cheap

stiil debating the chassis does anybody know if there is a kit of links for the t1e spec ops ? if not i will go with the smash

Wanted to Chime in on your motor purchase. Eddie O at Team Brood has the best customer service HANDS DOWN! He and I have been emailing back and forth for over a week as we build my next pair of motors. But even before we started talking shop he responded to my first email within 10 min of me sending it. Granted we do live in the same time zone so that helps a little bit, but even with that taken into account I'd still get emails into the wee hours of the morning. I even asked him if he ever slept. HAHAHA! Anyways, his build quality on the motors matches his quality. I have been running on a pair of used broods for over a year now. Keep 'em clean and lubed BAM! I'm probably due for a com cut now that I think about it.

The set he's building for me right now are 30t skewed with the 5mm web, colbat mags (I just got a warning email from brood saying these mags will pick up everything off my bench so be careful), team brushes, and team springs.

If you know what your looking for when it comes to motor performance, he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

go the cc smash. cc chassis' are great imo. either way, its going to probably come down to what you think looks better...

I would go with the smash!!! Its a great chassis and the customer support and the list of people willing to help seems endless!!! I love mine and will buy another if I ever wear mine out!!!lol For motors Team Brood!!! As stated above excellent customer service and I have a pair I have been running for well over a year with no issues. Just my 2 cents!!!

Back