• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

newbie comp crawler

dodgeboy8888

Rock Stacker
newbie comp crawler berg v1 axle

hi another newbie from montreal ;-)

ive been looking to get a comp crawler now for a while .

i decided on berg axles v1

as for the chassis debating between chaotic crawler smash or t1e special ops :???:

please feel free to give me your advice.

for electronics not sure yet. i presently have a futaba 3pmx will this be enough ?

thx in advance for not ripping me too much :oops:

Last edited:
For your first rig you won't go wrong with either one of those. T1e and chaotic make great stuff. I personally like the t1e for the looks. However I haven't driven one. I have a dlux chassis and the wife drives the chaotic switch. My dlux is a serious performer. No bind, lots of adjustment options and so on. My wife digs her switch but is thinking of going smash for lower roof line. The 2 best wheelers in our club drive t1e and chaotic. Flip a coin and enjoy your build:)

I'm partial to Chaotic!!! Awesome customer service and a never ending list of people willing to help you out and get your truck tuned. I run the smash and absolutely love its ability. It works better then I can drive it!!!

Cool thx for the reply i have to admit that I'm probably more leaning towards the chaotic crawler because for a first build i would be able to order the links at the same time and i would be sure they would work great .

I see most people run a 4ch TX could my futaba 3pmx di the job or should I bite the bullet right away and get a 4pk ?

Cool thx for the reply I have to admit that I'm probably more leaning towards the chaotic crawler because for a first build. I would be able to order the links at the same time and I would be sure they would work great .

I see most people run a 4ch TX, could my futaba 3PM-x do the job or should I bite the bullet right away and get a 4pk ?
If you want to run dual ESC's (highly recommended), contact LosiKid @ OverkillRC (link in my sig) and get a WantAmix. I run one with my 3PM-x & dual FX-R's and it works well.

As to a 4 channel radio, LosiKid sells a hacked GT3C (I have a hacked GT3B with dual CC Sidewinder Micro Pro's), hacked the GT3B or GT3C are 8 channels or you can do a Futaba 4PL.

The 4PK is a great radio, but a bit expensive to start with.

Last edited:
X2 on chaotic. I've owned several of their chassis & links... Top notch quality and great guys to deal with!

Can't beat that! 2 free Voodoo's with the purchase of a chaotic chassis and links... :cool:

I run a chaotic SMASH an love it! As you stated, chassis and links all in one shot.. worth every penny to have the ridiculous belly clearance, not to mention the top notch customer service and chassis support on this forum.

As for a 4ch tx. Check out the airtronics mt-4. The easiest mixing tx to adapt to an no button pushing. A simple thumb "lever" is at center for 4wd, rotate up for dig and down for burn. Everywhere in between is mixing.

cool thx for the info . now for the chassis my mind is made up i think :roll: .

so probably chaotic crawler smash chassis and links . Voodoo tires .

was probably going towards castle micro sidewinder x2 for esc.

motors not sure yet ?

berg axles v1 what would i need too add to these ?

cool thx for the info . now for the chassis my mind is made up i think :roll: .

so probably chaotic crawler smash chassis and links . Voodoo tires .

was probably going towards castle micro sidewinder x2 for esc.

motors not sure yet ?

berg axles v1 what would i need too add to these ?

As stated above brood vapors if u have and want to drop the $$$

If not, deff take a look at the other motors avail from brood or holmes hobbies!!!

Sounds like u have a great start to your rig...
You will be happy with it I'm sure!!
Good luck!

I'm a big fan of fxr's over SWM's, myself.. a lot of diff opinions on the 2..

HH or brood is the route to go. Myself, I have tried all the HH motors I could find in the for sale section to try! Pullers(14-16t), torque master pro's(45-35t), 16t crawlmasters, and finally got new from HH an landed on some 30t team pro flo's.. they are smooth, super torque, and massive wheel speed when needed! With a LW option 1-4, they can be made pretty light too. 5.38oz's a piece with the stage 4 LW kit.
Just got a 13t team pro crawl type for my sporty, super smooth, torquey, and awesome wheel speed! I may have went this route for my XR if I tried them first. But I wouldn't change either of them out for any reason! Till their time is up.. :)

looking in changing my tx i run futaba 3pmx on all my rigs. so the only option if i dont want to change all my receivers is the 4pk line $$$$$$$$$$ ouch.

is there any compatible receivers for the airtronics mt-4 ? as an original one is 90$

if not almost Worth just getting the 4pl and change all my receivers at about $30 ea

looking to changing my TX. I run Futaba 3PM-x on all my rigs. So the only option, if I don't want to change all my receivers, is the 4PK line $$$$$$$$$$ ouch.

Is there any compatible receivers for the Airtronics mt-4 ? as an original one is 90$

If not almost worth just getting the 4PL and change all my receivers at about $30 ea
Swap to a hacked GT3B or GT3C..... total cost for a TX & RX is under $100.00, extra RX's are $6 to $9 ea.

You get lots of support here, decent radio, up to 8 channels...... any questions??

I am a huge Futaba fan, but a hacked GT3B/C is a decent alternative.....

Unless ur running telemetry, the 50$ fhss-2 works great.. one in my wraith an was just testing it in my XR with dual esc's.

For 250$ on the Bay, you can get the tx an 2 rx's to start ya off. Which I wish I would have know right off the bat. :(

humm not a bad deal 250$ with 2 rx 1 for crawler one for my scale. and i could work my buggy and short course with the 3 ch rx. so about 350$ total

then i could sell my futaba 3pmx with 3 receivers.

interesting proposition will have to read up on those airtronics

humm not a bad deal 250$ with 2 RX, 1 for crawler 1 for my scaler. I could work my buggy and short course with the 3 ch rx, so about 350$ total,
then I could sell my Futaba 3pmx with 3 receivers.

Interesting proposition will have to read up on those Airtronics

Buy a hacked GT3C, get 8 channels, RX's are ~$9, cover 10+ rigs....support on this forum....sigh.

I have a Futaba 3PM-x, love the radio, hacked GT3B is looking to replace it.

Last edited:
does anybody know if there is any compatible rx for mt-4 on hobbyking ? i use to buy my rx for futaba fasst

Last edited:
Back