• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New, to me, XR10...help

The 5x11x4 bushing is the only one I see on there. Is that the correct one?

It's a 5x8mm. My experience with a bushing there is that it would wear too quickly and the gears would skip again. I put a lot of hours on my trucks though.

I am running a 3x8mm bearing ala Egressor. If you have access to a lathe to turn down the end of the topshaft to fit a 3mm bearing, it's the best way to go.

It's a 5x8mm. My experience with a bushing there is that it would wear too quickly and the gears would skip again. I put a lot of hours on my trucks though.

I am running a 3x8mm bearing ala Egressor. If you have access to a lathe to turn down the end of the topshaft to fit a 3mm bearing, it's the best way to go.

I don't currently have lathe access. I think I'll just stick with the bearing for now, at least to get this thing going.

I had the same problem with my rig. Those small bearings will not hold up. I replaced the top shaft bearing with a 5x8 bushing from Traxxas. Bag of 10 is cheap. The same goes with the bearing inside the tranny. When they fail the balls go in to the gears,..... done! Hot Racing makes a transmission with bigger bearings and also they have hardened gearsets. RC4WD also still has gearsets I believe. A member on here also makes a lot of upgrade parts for XR10s, Robbob. He has delrin bushings, big bearing plate for tranny and brass inserts to put axle housings together with machine screws instead of screws in to the plastic. Also other chassis parts like top 4 link mounts upgrade. Good luck with it and have fun learning to drive MOA. Iam still learning after a year and a half. If it was easy I probably wouldnt do it.

Back