• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New, to me, XR10...help

BubbzWasHere

Hey guys! I'll start off by saying I'm new to RC crawling and pretty new to the RC world. I've had a couple Traxxas cars in the past but never got too into them.

My boss had this Axial XR10 laying around doing nothing so I asked him about it and he said I could have it. He told me it is a BeetleJuice chassis?
6zXBWz.jpg

It doesn't have a battery, radio or receiver.

It does have two Tekin FX-R(I think) esc's and two motors. What are the capacitors(?) wired on top of the esc's for? I think the motors are both Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Expert 540. One I can tell for sure, the other is in a full case it looks like. It also has a cc bec and a Hitec 7954sh steering servo.
SrPwwG.jpg

FcnEFh.jpg

7tW7H3.jpg

s70aps.jpg

I need help picking out a transmitter/radio, receiver and battery for this thing that won't totally break the bank. I'm also probably need help getting it all set up :lmao:

My first real project with it is going to be pulling everything apart and cleaning it up!

Thanks for any and all help or advice!

-Kaleb

Airtronics Mt4 is the rx TX you want. Rcbros has battery trays for this car. 3s 500mha is what you need for batteries. It's a very nice rig.

149 r/c worx /scalerfab Team Driver

Like snaponboy said, Airtronics (Sanwa) MT-4 is my choice. Once you get used to using the dig lever it's so much easier to drive. Nice looking rig by the way. I also use fx-r ESC, I love the setup and easy to get set to my style of driving. Good luck

I think the radio will come down to the old "Ford or Chevy", I think it is kind of personal preference. When I had my MOA I used a SkyFly GT3c hacked. As matter of fact I still have 2 I use for my scalers! Good luck and welcome to RCC."thumbsup"
Ernie

I also have a 4pl and love it!

Last edited:
This has been on the back burner for almost a month now. The guy I got this from happened to still have(and found) the tx and rx and not need them anymore. So I have those now. Its a Futaba T4PL and Futaba R2104GF. So now I just want to pull everything apart and clean it up. He also mentioned there may be some burned/stripped gears, so I need to figure out how to check that.

I kind of like the look of titanium links. Is there any benefit to keeping the plastic ones(probably not accurate) that are on it over titanium? Where is a good place to get them?

The links available will depend on your chassis man. Eric from DluxFab can fabricate some pretty sick links though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The links available will depend on your chassis man. Eric from DluxFab can fabricate some pretty sick links though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats kinda what I was thinking would be the case. This is a beetlejuice chassis, which isn't made anymore as far as I can tell. Does anyone make links for it? Or will I have to go custom?

I figured out why the guy I got this from hadn't been using it...

0ZRrxTF.jpg

The bearing was next to the e-clip when I opened it up.
ItxyGwB.jpg

Is there anywhere to get the gears for this still? The 22t and 36t are both backordered on Axial's site, and RC4WD doesn't make their hardened set anymore. Am I SOL?

This is the front gearbox. Also, I found a couple of screws loose when taking it apart. One of the lower housing screws, and one on the motor plate.

Don't use a bearing there use a brass bushings, locked up rc has them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back