• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New to me Wraith

SHOme

Rock Crawler
I have been wanting to build one of these for a while. I have been messing with 1.55 and 1.9 stuff since I started with the crawlers. Well I didn't build it because I got a great deal on one that is built. Here is what she has:
Full front and rear VP Currie axle housings
Front and rear VP axle shafts
VP C-Hubs
VP knuckles
VP titanium links
VP titanium tie rod
VP titanium drag link
VP titanium steering link
VP axle shock mounts
VP lockers front and rear
VP chassis mounted servo mount
Hardened heavy duty bevel gears front and rear
Red velvet shocks all around
Tekin ROC 412 3100kV -3S LiPo brushless motor
HiTec HS-7954SH Servo
Castle Mamba ESC / custom waterproofed
BGR one of a kind, custom built for this rig only partial roll cage.
BGR front bumper
BGR rock sliders
Robinson racing transmission
MSR drive shafts
Gear Head 2.2 BTR TT headlock wheels
Pit Bull 2.2 rock beast II tires
Crawler innovations 6.0 double deuce soft outer foam inner tires
Fast Eddy bearings all around
RC4WD inner fenders hand molded to form this specific truck

The Robinson Racing slipper is slipping even when tight so I think I will go with a slipper eliminator as my first upgrade. I also am a Bronco nut so I will try to fit a bronco body on her somehow.

Attachments

• Wraith 2.jpg
    Wraith 2.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 514
  • Wraith.jpg
    Wraith.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 651
  • wraith 3.jpg
    wraith 3.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 570
  • wraith 6.jpg
    wraith 6.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 509
  • wraith 7.jpg
    wraith 7.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 550
  • Wraith5.jpg
    Wraith5.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 554
  • wraith 8.jpg
    wraith 8.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 524
  • Wraith 4.jpg
    Wraith 4.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 519
Was the battery holder a custom piece? Or something I can buy? It is perfect for what I want!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Well I installed the Locked up Slipper eliminator. I didn't realize how much punch the slipper took away. On carpet from a stop this thing will flip itself over backwards. I was thinking holy crap I don't need that kind of power then the little guy on the other shoulder said yes you do. Well I listened to the wrong little guy. I snapped the pinion on the front axle and lost half of one of my MIP shafts. Before this happened I was digging the way I could crawl slow and launch when needed. I am running a 56/13 spur and pinion. I am going to try dropping to an 11 tooth pinion. I am used to running 45 or 55 turn brushed motors so this trucks speed and capability are all new to me. Man this thing is bad ass. I am planning on getting the Axial HD overdrive to replace the front diff gears unless someone here knows of a stronger set.

I’m not taking anything away from your wraith, super awesome. But the seller might be fibbing you a little, you said that BGR cage is one of a kind, I had the EXACT same cage on my old wraith. i just had to cut the rear tire mount off cause I kept bending the cage went it landed on the back. And if your looking for a bronco body there is a company that makes really thick nice bronco bodies. I had one on mine. I can’t remember the company but I’m sure someone will let you know. This is it.
34196df73754bffa0f4b0d228cb6448b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I take back what I said about the cage. Didn’t notice yours has some extra bracing on the rear. Sorry.

And I think that front battery/electronics tray is from a company called Crawl Space.

I replaced the front gears with the Axial HD stock gears and went to a 11 tooth pinion. Much better for crawling and still all the punch I need. Bronco Body coming next.

Back