• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New to crawling

I just wanted to point out you guys are actually talking about two different Youtuber's, One is the crawler guy (AussieRC) the other is a basher (Aussie RC Playground).

Both have their drawbacks, Though I had to un-sub to AussieRC because he's kind of full of shit. Aussie RC Playground is somewhat entertaining but you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt.

I just wanted to point out you guys are actually talking about two different Youtuber's, One is the crawler guy (AussieRC) the other is a basher (Aussie RC Playground).

Both have their drawbacks, Though I had to un-sub to AussieRC because he's kind of full of shit. Aussie RC Playground is somewhat entertaining but you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt.

Oh geez there are two? I double checked and I'm talking about Aussie RC Playground with Vaseline or whatever his name is.

Yeah Vass is the Aussie RC Playground, The racing videos he's done in the past were decent I thought.

Would you mind giving some reasoning about your opinion? Between the SX02 and the Enduro.

Thanks either way. I appreciate your response

Sure, low grade 'metal', soft plastics or overly hard that crack easily, zero to non-existent customer support should the need arise. :)"thumbsup"

Another vote for staying away from the Xtra Speed rig here.

Offshore brands like that, the quality can be questionable, plastics tend to soft and aluminum bits tend to be soft replacement parts may be difficult to find and aftermarket support will be spotty at best. This applies doubly so for Xtra speed - they've been around for quite a while and built up a solid reputation of making lots of stuff that's ok - nothing great, but nothing too terrible.....Have you examined the SCX10 II catalog? There'a a ton of different releases now and you can't wrong buying an Axial rig.

"thumbsup"

Or simply get a Ready To Run rig to start with. Go out and have fun with it and when something happens upgrade to better parts then.

Your main cost is the rig you choose then get a good charger and batteries. Do some research on the latter as safety is going to be the main concern when using LIPO power. Know how to charge them safely as well as storing them too.

"thumbsup"

I'm also new here welcome to the both of us mate.

Welcome to both of you! :)

Like everybody else here, I would go for the Enduro (in fact, I did), but I don't know that the Xtra Speed rig is as bad as people are making it out to be. There are a few youtube reviews of it that appear to be pretty good, and although not a lot of people here have used the whole rig, you can find guys who have used the axle assemblies and guys who have used the transmissions, and in both cases, there are a lot of positive comments and very few negatives. The axles use the cheap no-name CVDs that aren't super strong, but they can be upgraded with any SCX10 CV axles. Aside from that, people have reported that the axle assemblies are pretty robust. Likewise, the reviews of the transmission that I've seen also seemed to be very positive. The rest of the truck is pretty standard fare stuff, and not likely to be a failure point. The shocks aren't likely great, but I can't imagine they're any worse than any of the Axial shocks.

Ultimately, while I prefer the Enduro from a technical standpoint, I think the Xtra Speed kit is just fine for somebody who wants a blinged up SCX10.

Back