• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New sanwa toys coming soon?

Motorider

Rock Crawler
Looky what I stumbled across a minute ago...

e819ee9251b7c3f90136d2345d365f57.jpg

eeb47c71ec7abbf670fed8691e5a8562.jpg

Anybody know or heard about it?

SANWA MT-44 TRANSMITTER
Sanwa announced their new MT-44 transmitter, which appears to replace the popular MT-4s. Breaking tradition this Sanwa features a collapsible handle which I’m sure many will appreciate (though I love the big ass handle on my Sanwa M12). The MT-44 uses 3 AA batteries and supports USB charging. We’ll have to wait till November to try and get our hands on a unit, but we’re stoked to see the same lightning fast FH4T protocol and great customization available.

I’ll let Bing Translate do the heavy lifting;
– High Definition LCD display M12S and adopt more precise dot equivalent, chart of the when used grayscale display monochrome LCD, That can be displayed, for more information. (3 data visible in the chart)
– position optimization. At least not adopting the offset bracket and Steering/Optimization of the position of the throttle.
– industry first low-voltage Battery 3 [AA] cells of the compact But is lighter than realized.
– USB charging support The option 1 Li-Po battery, more And lighter, USB charging support Movable Type carrying handle equipment quick setup auto-safety links
– Racing mode-custom menu-for the micro SD card-telemetry switch features
– Watch feature-environmental temperature display functions-LOG data CSV output-CODE 10 support (for name)
– Telemetry data 3 data at the same time display-display multi-lingual (capable)
– Telemetry system-main unit antenna-menu selector (multi-selector operation)
– ST, TH tension-adjust-dual-rate-end point a just
– Anti-lock brakes function-speed servo-offset-trim/sub trim
– Servo reverse-curve (exponential and adjustable rate control)
– AUX1 (choose the type of 3-channel operation. Mt-4S and similar functions)
– AUX2 (4-channel operation type. Mt-4S and similar functions)
– Fail-safe function (radio / battery) timer (interval down, RAP)
– Wrap-logger-20 model memory (SD card use at 250 model)
– Model name (12 characters)-model (select/clear/copy)-direct model selection
– Trim type (Center/parallel)-throttle type (70: 30 / 50: 50)
– RF MODE setting (FH4T/FH3)-response mode (NOR/SHR/SSR) * Note
– Key assign (SW/TRIM/DIAL/LEVER)
– AUX TYPE setting CODE AUX (with name changes)
– AUX step (step 1-100) And point AUX (2-6 points)
– 4 WS mixing (FRONT/REAR/NORMAL (phase) /REVERSE (reverse phase))
– Variable mixing of MOA (front-wheel drive and four-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive) * drive ratio
AUX mix (mixing ST, TH mix)
– Buzzer (scale and volume changes)-sending machine battery alarm-LCD contrast
– Volume just-mechanical rudder angle adjustment-comes with a small grip pad
– Capable receiver:* Telemetry support (RX-482, RX-472, RX-47T, RX-RX, 462-461) Non-compliance of the Telemetry (RX-481, RX-481WP, RX-471 Dual-ID, Rx-471-W RX-471, RX-451-R and RX-451, RX-381, RX-380)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Probably the new lineup coming because this happened (Wikipedia):

"The company continued as a family business until 2007 when Global Hobby Distributors took over distributorship. Following business restructuring in Japan, the distributor announced that their partnership came to an end in 2016 and the brand will itself be discontinued although still continuing under a new distributor, Serpent America, as Sanwa"

Probably the new lineup coming because this happened (Wikipedia):

They are refreshing an aging radio lineup. Just this year the M12S replaced the M12, the MTS replaced the MT4, and now this replaces the MT4S.

Also radio manufacturers had to recently become compliant with an EU regulation in order to keep selling radios in Europe. Older models of most radios weren't compliant so they either had to be updated or replaced.

I didn't think the mt4s was all that old. I just bought one new with 3 rx's. I was shocked to get it in the mail and while I was googling the differences between rx's, I found this new MT-44 that is replacing the MT4S. I noticed the new radio does not have the thumbstick like the mt4s. I may never use it, but it could be handy with rear steer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What did the thumb stick do?

It gives proportional control in 2 directions with a click when it is re-centered.

I use it on my winch with an ESC as the controller for full variable speed instead of the standard on/off of a 3 point switch. It can also be used for rear steer for fine control over how much the rear actually turns.

It gives proportional control in 2 directions with a click when it is re-centered.

I use it on my winch with an ESC as the controller for full variable speed instead of the standard on/off of a 3 point switch. It can also be used for rear steer for fine control over how much the rear actually turns.
That sounds awesome. It also sounds like it would be great for 4-wheel steering on a monster truck if it's easily accessible. Is that feasible?

So which radio(s) came with this thumb stick? Maybe I can get old stock before they're gone.

That sounds awesome. It also sounds like it would be great for 4-wheel steering on a monster truck if it's easily accessible. Is that feasible?

So which radio(s) came with this thumb stick? Maybe I can get old stock before they're gone.

4WS is definitely doable and the lever is quite easy to reach with your thumb while driving. Just assign one of the AUX channel to the lever and plug the rear servo into that channel.

You can see where the lever is on the MT-4 but the MT-4S, M12, & M12S all have it in a similar spot

SanwaMT4S-1.jpg

Original MT4 and MT4S ..... its literally right above your thumb and after sometime you dont even realize your thumb is there. "thumbsup"

Interested to see this when it comes out ..... Hope the lever is on it, and in the same area, like the Trim settings say.

4WS is definitely doable and the lever is quite easy to reach with your thumb while driving. Just assign one of the AUX channel to the lever and plug the rear servo into that channel.

You can see where the lever is on the MT-4 but the MT-4S, M12, & M12S all have it in a similar spot

Original MT4 and MT4S ..... its literally right above your thumb and after sometime you dont even realize your thumb is there. "thumbsup"

Interested to see this when it comes out ..... Hope the lever is on it, and in the same area, like the Trim settings say.
Sweet! "thumbsup" I suddenly want an MT-4S. I've been looking at the Futaba 4PLS and its replacement, but this radio really has me intrigued.

How big are the RX that run with this TX? That's a huge question for me when looking at a radio. A lot of the reason I run the 4PLS is the R2610GF rxs are tiny and have 6 channel slots to play with.

How big are the RX that run with this TX? That's a huge question for me when looking at a radio. A lot of the reason I run the 4PLS is the R2610GF rxs are tiny and have 6 channel slots to play with.

The average Sanwa receiver is smaller than the average Futaba receiver. I mostly use the RX471 receivers and they are smaller than the Futaba ones you mentioned. The RX481 has an even smaller footprint but is taller.

The telemetry receivers are bigger but only a few MMs wider than the R2106GF.

The average Sanwa receiver is smaller than the average Futaba receiver. I mostly use the RX471 receivers and they are smaller than the Futaba ones you mentioned. The RX481 has an even smaller footprint but is taller.

That's definitely small. At $74 each that would be an expensive switch to replace the 7 Futaba R2106GF I'm running now. I'll probably stick with what I have but if I weren't that invested it seems like a nice system.

What did the thumb stick do?

I use it for rear steer"thumbsup"

It is such a good rear steer radio you don't even have to think about it, just drive and after a little while ya thumb move all on it's own:lmao:

I have tested a winch that's just as grouse"thumbsup"

Anything you need 100% proportional control works great with it, I have looked at the Mt44 pics and don't see the lever:cry:

Wow. $75 a pop for a receiver is too much. Do they have cheaper receivers for the MT-4/MT-4S?

This is the reason I don't use my Futaba 3PM-X.

I use it for rear steer"thumbsup"

It is such a good rear steer radio you don't even have to think about it, just drive and after a little while ya thumb move all on it's own:lmao:

I have tested a winch that's just as grouse"thumbsup"

Anything you need 100% proportional control works great with it, I have looked at the Mt44 pics and don't see the lever:cry:
Sweet! Good to know. Sounds like the perfect setup. I don't know of any other controller that would make 4 wheel steering as easy or as fun.

I got my MT-4 in the mail today. I'm disappointed by how cheap it feels. The major bummer is that the thumb stick is not spring loaded/self centering. It has a center detent, but it's faint and mushy. This isn't the Airtronics I remember.

Back