• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New build info (landrover d90)

Bone9

Hi after seeing some vids on utube I really want to build a scale landrover defender d90. It will be used for trials and rock crawling etc.

This is my first build for this type. I've got a hpi trophy 3.5 buggy (nitro) for speed.

I've found the source for the hard body. I'm thinking of using the axial scx10 dingo kit and modifying it to suit. So a few questions...

Is this a good chassis to build on?
What's a good esc for it and does a 35t motor sound good? Is this good? Mtroniks TIO Rock Crawler ESC TIORC

I want it waterproof so should I start with a waterproof servo or make it waterproof?

What type of battery's should I use?

Any tips on the build?

Thanks for your help. I'll start a build thread when I get the body etc"thumbsup"

Last edited:
Re: New built info (landrover d90)

I've never heard of that esc...I'd stick with Holmes, Tekin, Novak, or, for a buget minded unit, RC4WD.

35T is good for speed...if that's what you want.

Building off the Axial is a sure thing"thumbsup"

For a esc my budget is £50 I want it to be waterproof, any reccomdendations?

I don't want speed not too much anyway it's more for going slow up rivers and through mud etc. what turn do you recommend?

Cheers

a12.jpg

My old D90 build on the same chassis/wheelbase as the dingo. Also ran a 35T in there. Good setup for it.

Looks good mate. Any tips on mounting the body?

Looks good mate. Any tips on mounting the body?

A few ways you can go about it. I used the factory SCX10 rear frame cross member for the rear and then made a flat mount for the front using heavy duty velcro.

You can see it here on the front of my Defender 110

IMG_20120501_095326.jpg

What's the best online store to buy from in the uk for my esc etc?

Need some help guys I can't make my mind up on the esc or motor. Can some one give me some models.

Cheers. Toby

Back