• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

new axles

bowsher925

I am looking into upgrading my axles on my sxc10. I am wanting to make a "wroncho". I am currently looking at the K44 axles. Has anyone used these? and how do they compare to the wrath axles?

I like the idea of just using the wraith axles but ive seen that a few times. I love the wider axle look of them but was just interested in going with something that was a bit different than most. And of course I want strength

am I crazy for wanting the alum. axles? are they "THAT" much stronger than the plastic?

Obviously aluminum axles are stronger but you also pay for that. Being that aluminum is soft but that also causes it to gouge when you come into contact with a rock. Basically it causes you to get hung up more. Plastic is a MUCH better at gliding over rocks.

Also, deflection plays a big part in it too. If you're hard on your stuff, you'll eventually start to see slight deformation of an aluminum axle. Aluminum doesn't have a natural rebound in its structure but instead takes on the new shape that you or it forms. Plastic being a by product of petroleum, has a natural rebound in its structure and will keep doing so until you give it ALOT of stress on a focused spot. Which then causes it to break instead of bend. It's cheaper to replace a plastic axle housing than an aluminum axle housing.

If you want to build a Wroncho, build it with Wraith axles. You'll spend less and be happier with them. The K44 axles are more narrow than the Axial SCX10 axles. So you are going the total wrong way. Also, if you plan on running brushless, the K44 axles probably will not hold up to it. They were not designed to be used that way.

Last edited:
thanks for the help guys! Im going to start searching for some plastic wraith axles. What parts should I upgrade? I was obviously thinking the axle shafts but would it be wise to get the rest of the axles in aluminum (besides the main unit) I do plan on crawling and mudding with this build.

Back