• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New axle help

z71baja

Rock Crawler
I was wanting to convert to Axial’s portal axles but can’t find any info for SCX10. Is this doable if I wanted to keep the servo on the chasis?

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Thanks.

well first you need to give us a pic no pic no pic ok so now thats outa the hay
what are you starting with a scx10
or a scx10.2 or a scx10.3

im gonna go out on a limb here and guess you want scx10.3 axles or ar45p axles
but you could add a panhard mount to the capra axles if you want wider axles
or trx4 axles or go crazy and mix and match lol

I’m on a SCX10 platform and I would like to keep my servo on the cassis. I guess it’s the ar45p axles. I just want to upgrade to portals

I've seen it done, and when they did it, needed to make some items so it would work.

I'm a bit baffled why you wouldn't want to axle mount the servo, and get more weight onto the front axle and have a lower center of gravity.

the scx10 had axle mounted servos the 10.2 and 10.3 use chassis mounted servos so there wouldn't be much converting going on if going to 10.3 axles from a 10.2 but the og scx10 wasn't set up for chassis mounted servo but if it was already converted to chassie mounted servo there isent much to do

I mounted the servo on the chassis just for esthetics.

I would post a pic from my phone but I don’t know how.

In the reply box, theres an 'attach files' button, thats where u can add pics bud.

As for goin ar45p on a scx10 chassis, youll need a panhard mount for the chassis, panhard link, drag link (same length as panhard), n take off one of your upper links in the front. Otherwise youll have alot of bump steer

ya I think you owe us a pic lol

you OWE us lol

anyway if you already did the full 3 link convention it's just bolting on the new axles and playing with the link lengths
maybe change your pinion gear cause the portals will cut your overall speed almost in half

Back