• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

new area to crawl north phx

cro-magnum

Rock Stacker
It is at Cave Creek and 101. If you look to the north near Cave Creek as you drive down the 101 its in plane site. It has 100 ton boulders to 1 ton boulders that you can crawl from one to the other. The area is about 10 acres with many places to play. I only had one battery to work with and found 3 spots that could make great course's and I have only scrached the surface.

The sign says its a conservation park and lists it rules. It never states anything about remote control anything. Mostly things about beer and camping, most of the people out there were hiking and I did see some horse tracks.

There is room for about 15 cars to park very close to the rocks. There is more places to park near some business's about an 1/8 mile away

How to get there...
exit 101 at Cave Creek... North to Rose Garden... West to dead end at the rocks

Travis

Hey mark how have you been. I started my way to papago last weekend but I managed to get stuck in PF Changs Marathon traffic. I have done most of the stuff you said to do to my crawler which has improved performance greatly!!! Thank you!

Travis

let me know when you go I might join you. I think you'll be happy with it so close to home. It may never be a comp spot, but I can't see any reason why not. I wish I could get some pics today but the rain never let up maybe I will get some with my old shop camera.

Travis

as you pull up to the crawling area there is room for about 10 trucks
P1010146.jpg
here are some close pics of what's out there notice the monster of a cactus in this pic for an idea of the size of the rocks
P1010147.jpg

P1010148.jpg

P1010149.jpgView attachment 124453

pics from a distance looking at the area from left to right. you can see the pics over lap each other for an idea of the size of this place.
P1010154.jpg

P1010155.jpg

P1010156.jpg

Don't bring your gun unless you've got a CCW permit:

Sec. 24-45. Limitations on firearms possession in parks; exceptions; classification; definitions. A. No person shall possess or carry a firearm in a park of one square mile or less in area that is posted with reasonable notice stating the following: "Carrying a firearm in this park is limited to persons who possess a permit issued pursuant to A.R.S. § 13-3112."

no I haven't called the number I figured it wouldn't hurt anything for myself and some friends to mess around. Someone with a better feel for what a comp spot needs should call. I'm not the right guy since I have never been to a comp.

more pic today

Attachments

• P1010147.jpg
    P1010147.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 98
  • P1010159.jpg
    P1010159.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 87
  • P1010167.jpg
    P1010167.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 92
Back