• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New 1/32 Military Truck: Orlandoo Hunter OH32M01

Here in my area the biggest problem with those is emission and registering.
Those do not meet actual emission standards, so you will have to make costly adaptations to meet those standards before you can drive it in on public roads.

Anyone knows, what all those orange lights are for?

I intend to make my Orlandoo civilian... if possible.

Walter

Quite simply, they are cab clearance lights. They usually reside only at the top of the cab but having them about mid height above the headlights helps with illumination as well.
It helps the average person see these big trucks at night with a light that's more at eye level with a standing human being.

As much as these are military trucks, they're not combat vehicles in any real sense--they operate in the rear echelon doing cargo duty and often on civil roads so they still have civilian style illumination.

The combination amber [orange] turn signals/blackout marker lights at the front [and the red tail lights at the rear] contain milspec blackout marker lights that extinguish the regular civilian lighting when
activated and emit only the most minimal lighting. Just tiny points of light.

The small orange clearance lights can stay but the rear tail lights and the front turn signal lights [upside down teardrop shape] are a strictly military design
and will need to be replaced by something more ordinary.

I think you would be better off converting it to a surplus military truck that
was sold to the public.

Last edited:
Back