• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need some help with which is the best motor choice..

If your worried about maintenance I'd go brushless. The roc412 1200kv motor would have plenty of slow speed crawling with plenty of torque maybe even the 1800kv version. They are easy to waterproof and no brushes to worry about burning up. I've been running a 3100kv roc412 for 3 years. It's seen everything from being completely submerged in a creek with water running six inches above the entire truck to super sloppy mud, tons of sand and plenty of dirt. It's been in 3 different rigs and always ran on 3s. If I were to try another brushed motor it would definitely have to have the checkpoint style round brushes. They seam to be the only brushed motor I've seen take the kind of abuse I would put it through.

Hi guys. Sorry about the delay here..

Well i will buy my new combo today but I almost forgot to ask here what the best battery for this configuration.

I want to use a very good bat, like Maxamps. But there are so many types.. I don't know what is the best shot.

What do. You recommend?

Thanks a lot Marcelo

If your buying new batteries anyways I would definitely switch to 3s. Maxamp batteries are nice. I really like the thunder power batteries and have had good luck with them. For the money it's hard to beat the turnigy nano tech batteries from hobbyking.

Back