• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need help to customise my new rock crawler

bujibuji123

I wish to ask for advice on how to customise my new 1/18 ECX Temper to be an off-road monster. I wish to change everything about the rock crawler and I have a huge budget for it. Because I am new I hope you guys would recommend me some parts. Thank you very much!

Welcome to rcc n the addiction!

First thing id get is an aluminum servo arm before u strip that one. Other than that, id run it n see how it feels to u. The shocks may b to stiff for your liking, or maybe to stiff. Are u runnin nihm or lipo? Lipo will prove to have more power n run time. Gearing has alot of options as well. U can get more torque or more speed dependin which way u go with gear size.

Alot of guys/gals run it til it breaks n then upgrade from there.

U may find alot of suggestions over in the micro section or maybe even the 1.5 section of the forum

Heres the micro section...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_sfid=190&share_fid=19420&share_type=sf

Heres the 1.5 section...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_sfid=189&share_fid=19420&share_type=sf

Hope these links help. I use tapatalk, it has all the forums i use in one place. Plus i can upload pics straight from my phone without usin third party support site for pics.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I second the aluminum servo horn. I would definitely recommend going to lipo batteries if your ESC can take them (can't find in the manual if it can or not), if nothing else you get much more consistent performance as the battery runs down. Next thing I'd look at are tires, but I have zero knowledge on what 1.7 options are out there. You could probably go up to 1.9's pretty easily, in which case there are at on of great options out there.

Back