• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need help deciding on a Crawler

Oh, i wasn't aware It had Aluminum Chubs.

In the 10ii kit, it has all metal tranny gears(except spur), hardened steel axles, and axle gears. It does have plastic driveshafts though.

Scale engine cover/tranny/fuel cell is cool, but just like the 10.3 your not going to see it with the body on.

50 degree steering angle is great, but is it really worth the extra money?

I'm not arguing with you, but rather stating my reasoning. Maybe my view will change if I get a Trail King.

You are at $170 or so plus tax and shipping on the first 5 parts I listed. At around $230 if you throw in drive shafts. I'm with you, could take or leave the scale motor cover but it is really nice if you are building a scaler, and the receiver box is great if you are building a truggy. You'd see it in your Trail Walker the way you have it set up. The TK is unquestionably a better value than the SCX10ii and we haven't even talked about the tranny or axles yet :)

You are at $170 or so plus tax and shipping on the first 5 parts I listed. At around $230 if you throw in drive shafts. I'm with you, could take or leave the scale motor cover but it is really nice if you are building a scaler, and the receiver box is great if you are building a truggy. You'd see it in your Trail Walker the way you have it set up. The TK is unquestionably a better value than the SCX10ii and we haven't even talked about the tranny or axles yet :)

Good points "thumbsup" That fuel cell would look killer in my extreme TW body.

The Trail King blows a 10.2 out of the water. In addition to everything else listed, it has a forward mounted motor & scale transmission that sits low in the chassis. Yes, you do need 50 degree steering, trust me. The TK sidehills great out of the box. Of my trucks (TRX4, Gen8, AX10, TK) my TK is my favorite because it's so capable. I have it set up as a light weight comp-ish truck. The only mods I've done to it is add SSD brass knuckles & aluminum shock hoops in the front. It sticks to the rocks. The Trail King is what the SCX10.2 should've been.

After looking at the SSD trail king vs the 10ii. I’d go with the trail king.
Where are you guys buying the my LHS doesn’t carry it and it looks sold out online most places.
What size wheels are you all running on this rig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back