• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need help choosing!

Datdude11

So I bought a rustler vxl at first and have been liking it but now looking at crawling because it looks so much more satisfying.. I have been researching but can’t decide wether to do a truck vs more of a buggy. I’ve heard good things about the element enduro, Capra, and trx4. Which would you think is best for starting out crawling. Budget is around $500 I do want something nice. I’ve also looked at the losi night crawler. Thanks

Not knowing what your preferences are I can only say that I recommend the TRX4 to people who want a quality durable scale crawler. Choose your preferred body style RTR or go with a builders kit depending on what you want.

It really depends on what you want to do with it, and where you are going to be driving it most. Do you want something that will be better for rocks, or better for trailing? Do you want to do competitions, and if so what class? Are you interested in a rig designed for pure performance? How much do you care about it looking like a scaled down 1:1?

All the rigs you mentioned are great rigs - the Capra is more of a "pure crawler" while the Element and the TRX-4 are scale rigs which won't be quite as good as the Capra for rocks (at least out of the box), but have more of a scale look (both are still great crawling rigs).

Back