• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need ESC suggestions

mudboggin3

Hi, I'm looking to build a clodbuster for crawling. I have looked around but most threads are a few years old and most ESCs used with the clod buster are not made anymore. I want a decent affordable ESC, I'm also considering using dual ESCs. Also recommendations for motors would be great. Basically I need to know of all the electronics I should run in the truck. I don't company in my area so this truck would be for bashing so I want decent equipment at a decent price. Thanks for any help.

Don't know a whole lot about the clod but here goes:
esc: dual any of these fxr, brxl, mmp, or micro castle esc's. One esc + you can always get a heyok dig controller or punk or rc4wd
servos: at least 300oz + is needed. Hitec, JR or Futaba all make decent servos. On the cheap cs170 i think by hobbyking (but I have never tried one).
TX/rx: on the cheap gt3b or gt3c, more $ futaba 4pl or the 4pks you can also get a dx3r or dx3c to work with a wantasummit mixer.
motors: Brood or Holmes can't go wrong!!!

Well hope that helps ya. Like I said I don't know much about the clod but for moa those should all be good choices!!!

Don't know a whole lot about the clod but here goes:
esc: dual any of these fxr, brxl, mmp, or micro castle esc's. One esc + you can always get a heyok dig controller or punk or rc4wd
servos: at least 300oz + is needed. Hitec, JR or Futaba all make decent servos. On the cheap cs170 i think by hobbyking (but I have never tried one).
TX/rx: on the cheap gt3b or gt3c, more $ futaba 4pl or the 4pks you can also get a dx3r or dx3c to work with a wantasummit mixer.
motors: Brood or Holmes can't go wrong!!!

Well hope that helps ya. Like I said I don't know much about the clod but for moa those should all be good choices!!!

I wouldnt run dual motors off a single micro Castle, if you are running dual esc's then yes.

CS170 is made my hobbico and is a rebranded hitec servo.

Back