• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My first RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Here's another video. Testing it out on our pile of rocks.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M0QgJrSOr5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Current pic

Recently added front wheel wells made from styrene that I scratch built.

And due to some heavy rains here in California, we are stuck indoors.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3wuHRG4k-cY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I was not too sold on the D90 bumper so I ordered the rcmodelex bumper. I am no fabricator so I knew installing this would be a challenge. Anyway, let the pics tell the story. The bumper installation came out ok. I do want it to go up a bit higher but I don't know how to so I will settle with what I have right now.

The SCX10 w/ rc4wd mojave body rtr version vs RC4WD Trail Finder 2 w/ Tamiya hilux body. My TF2 is the kit version. The mojave body was purchased separately. The mojave has better quality than the tamiya. It is thicker and more detailed. The only con is it does not have the Toyota lettering at the rear, which is an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Added a winch from RC4WD

Took it out for a little crawl

Then this happened [emoji37][emoji35][emoji36]

My driveshaft twisted into a candy cane first run out. I replaced them with JunFac shafts almost two years ago(recommended by New2rocks I think) No more problems. How are those shackles performing for you?

My driveshaft twisted into a candy cane first run out. I replaced them with JunFac shafts almost two years ago(recommended by New2rocks I think) No more problems. How are those shackles performing for you?

I have installed metal punisher shafts since then. Haven't got a chance to test them out yet due to this California rain.

I don't believe I am using the shackles to its full potential since I am only using 80-90mm shocks right now. Although I did notice some increased flexibility since then but not so much to really say that this takes it to a different level. The z-boxes are on my future potential upgrade list.

I was not too sold on the D90 bumper so I ordered the rcmodelex bumper. I am no fabricator so I knew installing this would be a challenge. Anyway, let the pics tell the story. The bumper installation came out ok. I do want it to go up a bit higher but I don't know how to so I will settle with what I have right now.

The SCX10 w/ rc4wd mojave body rtr version vs RC4WD Trail Finder 2 w/ Tamiya hilux body. My TF2 is the kit version. The mojave body was purchased separately. The mojave has better quality than the tamiya. It is thicker and more detailed. The only con is it does not have the Toyota lettering at the rear, which is an easy fix.

Do you have pictures of the installation for the Rcmodelex bumper?

Went to the park to climb some bigger rocks. Noticed the back of the bed drag too much.

Decided to bob the bed.

Subscribing because I am considering doing exactly what you did, for the exact reason you stated in the original post. Started with SCX, now want more scale. My only twist is the SCX is *possibly* going extended frame for 6x6...

Love your start so far. Cant wait to see much more from you. Ill following your experience fairly closely.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/YJpBrjiLr2Q

Crawling at Southridge Park, Fontana CA

Footage is shot at top of the hill. The journey to the top is pretty brutal for our crawlers. Quite a few folks break something when they crawl these hills.

Last edited:
Got to love the tf. Yes it handles way different than a scx or trx4, but there's just something about driving it that makes it exciting and different. Looking forward to more updates as you go.

ea3506e023e59f93193280dada306646.jpg

Got some lights up. Not done yet.

97f45cc3c929a5779947530b90ab97a6.jpg

Looks great!

I'm a big fan of your wheel/tire choice, have the white wheels with Choodoos mounted on them, will be getting another set and those tire some time soon.

Back