• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Class 1 SCX10 build

You could always paint them black on the outside of the body.

Silver fenders are staying for now - may paint over them some time in the future though.

Been working on lighting in the meantime...

Mocked up a couple 1w warm white LED's in some axial light buckets

Ka71mNxl.jpg

kyNlrSDl.jpg

uTrklhDl.jpg

Got some RC4WD scale hubs - love the way they look! I am really getting into this bronco and I'll be ordering some custom bumpers soon as well as a winch! Stay tuned for a climb test video...

7dcrGc6l.jpg

I shot a silly little test-climb video; nothing fancy, just a boxspring in the garage. I'm not exactly sure of the angle, but it was more than 45 degrees.

Video coming shortly...

Last edited:
Been a while since I updated this thread. Got some custom bumpers by scalerfab.com as well as a Warn Winch with a HeyOk 4amp relay controller. Might cut out the interior of my dingo body for more scale points too - not sure though.

The SEM color coat has held up really well - no chipping "thumbsup"

I'll post a video a little later of some "creek crawlin' 8)

looks good an im a chevy guy

Thanks buddy! I don't really have an auto brand allegiance - had an 83 Ford Ranger and a 72 Chevelle in high school. (Chevelle was way cooler ;-))

Here's a video I shot the other day of the ol' bronco "thumbsup"

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2sxzL36jFnc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool video.

Nicely done.

Cheers
H2Micr0

Thanks bud!

Shop day update - got VP 0* Ackermann knuckles and titanium steering linkage installed. With the Traxxas front wheel hexes, it's a near perfect clearance fit requiring only minor shaving of the drag link rod-end to prevent tire rub. This setup still keeps 50% of the tire tread within the fenders as required by class 1 sorcca rules! "thumbsup"

vjohtbMl.png

gzxA8xYl.png

I love driving this rig! It's honestly more fun than my wraith and constantly surprises me with the terrain it can handle.

Decided to add an interior - cut out the dash, seats and trunk area from my unused dingo body. Fits perfectly inside the bronco :mrgreen:

I think I'm gonna paint it tan like the exterior. Just have to figure out how I want to mount it.

kCCQ1T9l.png

Silly FOFF video clip - enjoy ;)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S51WiPFx-Ek?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got the interior painted - those seats were a major PITA to shoot evenly with the SEM color coat. Gonna sticker them up and look for a driver now "thumbsup"

2VBNXhul.png

Well I shredded the stock idler gear with that integy v11 35t. Just waiting on the Hot Racing aluminum gearset now.

Got CI foams from Eddie and cut the inners to fit 1.25oz in the front and 1oz in the rear. Locked up hardware on is coming too "thumbsup"

Got CI foams from Eddie and cut the inners to fit 1.25oz in the front and 1oz in the rear.
curious as to your cut method ?

I want to fit these to my Axial Bead locks with the weight rings on the wheels.

But was wondering if the inner foams would stretch to fit...
or if they could be thinned to allow fitment of the weight rings.

I was wondering if they could be altered using a dremel
with a barrel sanding attachment ?
or is there a better way ?

Please share more details in what you did to alter yours "thumbsup"

I double-sided taped the weights to the wheels first. Then I simply laid each wheel on top of the foam and marked the boundaries where each weight would lie using an exacto knife. Once the boundaries were marked, I used a hobby saw to cut down into the foam about the thickness of the weight. When the boundaries were cut, I used the same hobby knife to make a cut between each of the boundary cuts. This yielded weight-shaped reliefs in the foam. Seems to have worked fine; no problems mounting the wheels, though it wasn't the easiest of tasks "thumbsup"

My buddy used a dremel for his 1.9 foams, but he used an entire solid band of weights.

Here's a larger, more detailed pic:

Finally found a steering wheel and installed the interior. Also put the gearhead lift kit on the front shocks to equalize the ride height.

D4Eq3Fpl.png

Then I took out the bronco the other day to a NorCrawl gtg and got it all muddly "thumbsup" I think I shorted out the headlights - we'll see though, haven't had time to make a diagnosis. Also stripped the plastic nubs that mate to the yoke on the front driveshaft - probably due to underdriving the rear axle. All easy fixes in my book. Got some scale goodies on the way... :mrgreen:

x8sdgnxl.png

Finally found a steering wheel and installed the interior. Also put the gearhead lift kit on the front shocks to equalize the ride height.

D4Eq3Fpl.png

Then I took out the bronco the other day to a NorCrawl gtg and got it all muddly "thumbsup" I think I shorted out the headlights - we'll see though, haven't had time to make a diagnosis. Also stripped the plastic nubs that mate to the yoke on the front driveshaft - probably due to underdriving the rear axle. All easy fixes in my book. Got some scale goodies on the way... :mrgreen:

x8sdgnxl.png

I run OD in the front of my SCX, I don't have any issue with the driveshafts or anything else. The lift kit you installed on the front may have been binding that front shaft. You may need to shorten your upper links slightly to help correct your pinion angle.

Back