• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Class 1 SCX10 build

Crawl Space

Rock Crawler
I built up a dingo kit at the end of 2013 and have been loving it! I decided to make it a 1.55 rig so I could run the new pitbull growlers and rule Class 1 :twisted: I haven't decided what body to run - either a yota, bronco or something else interesting that runs the ~ 11.5" wheelbase. maybe a Flatbed?

As of right now it is 3 link in front and 4 link in back. Running an integy 35t through a mirrored scx10 tranny with a nightcrawler ESC for the meantime which is surprisingly good. I've got beef tubes in the front axle and underdrive gears in the rear axle. The annoying stock dingo bumper got chopped (not class 1 legal now) but I plan to replace it with something more scale when I decide on a body.

I have to say I enjoy driving this little guy more than my wraith; it never ceases to surprise me by it's ability. Video footage to follow as well as updates!

tOdNiFWl.jpg

aSpLfiml.jpg

TOBzI8Dl.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a little running video with the axial HD underdrive gears in back. This thing can practically climb straight up, probably due to the light weight cab that is rubber-banded to the chasis.

I'm eager to start working on a body and thinking about the HPI '73 Bronco shell...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BPc71gnBblU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the cherokee bodies are pretty sweet, ive got a couple of those, they just need interior and they look super scale

I was vacillating between the cherokee and comanche bodies, but I wanted to stay with the 11.5" wheelbase. I ended up ordering a 73' bronco body "thumbsup"

Did a little torture testing on a nasty pile of concrete...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5wTu9CEjQdQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't wait to get that Bronco body on!

That thing is a pretty bad ass little climber. Great torque man, I love it!

Thanks! I just ordered some new link mounts for better climbing geometry. That integy 35t is solid - going to 3s as soon as my AE-2 arrives :twisted:

Looking good.

Thanks man "thumbsup"

Lets see some paint!

Though it's probably not what you had in mind... ;-)

GAN11vMl.jpg

and a little test swatch on some lexan scraps...

CGAuZYjl.jpg

Well, I finished the paint job. Not the cleanest, but it's good to have a legit body now. I'm not stoked on the silver fender flairs - wishing I'd stuck with the original tan. Pretty happy overall though "thumbsup"

Hg74PEkl.jpg

3qDOtEWl.jpg

And the obligatory 'flex shot'

wrdrVMRl.jpg

I have to put my 2c in here- paint job ain't bad, really really like the color choice. However- and I don't mean to bash, but the entire grille should have been that brown color, and the tan/ cream color should not have been on the top of the fenders like that. Would have looked much classier if the cream color was on the lower body (as per the ranger pic posted) and don't forget to spray the center of the grille that same cream color.

That being said its always nice to see another EB cruisin around in ANY COLOR!!!

L.R.

I have to put my 2c in here- paint job ain't bad, really really like the color choice. However- and I don't mean to bash, but the entire grille should have been that brown color, and the tan/ cream color should not have been on the top of the fenders like that. Would have looked much classier if the cream color was on the lower body (as per the ranger pic posted) and don't forget to spray the center of the grille that same cream color.

That being said its always nice to see another EB cruisin around in ANY COLOR!!!

L.R.

Thanks man - I have to agree with you that I should have stuck to the picture.

However, this top was only supposed to be a 'basher' until I got my hilux body so I've decided to just move on with my build and not change the paint. I'll be installing some super bright headlights tonight!

What do you think of this for a bumper? I need something at least 6" long to be class 1 legal.

DSC_6143.jpg

Back