• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Bouncing Baby Wreckluse

Lobonyc

RCC Addict
My Bouncing Baby Wreckluse (NEW VIDEO Click Link)

Been working on this since Christmas 2009. I've been playing with different shocks but still not happy yet. Ive set the spark shocks with light oil and soft springs for a little bounce. I added details like a tamiya wild willy pilot, lights with strobing lights on the bumper, fire extinguisher, balsa fire wall/battery holder, dashboard instruments, and hinges for hood. I installed the winch control wires for a bulldog winch but have yet to mount the winch on the wreckluse.

I'm waiting for some LOSI and JUNFAC G-Transitions shocks to arrive so the current setup will change soon.

RCP Wreckluse Chassis
MIP CVD Drive Shafts
Axial Axles with the Heavy Duty lockers
Axial linkages
Upper rears 70mm
Lower rears 74.5mm
Upper fronts 60mm
Lower fronts 70mm
Axial rear steer kit
Hitec Servos
Tamiya Wild Willy
Novak Goat brushless motor/speed controller
RC4WD Rok Lox 1.9 tires
RC4WD OEM Steel 1.9 wheels
120mm Sparks Shocks

IMG_5978ce.jpg

IMG_5981ce.jpg

IMG_5992ce.jpg

IMG_5999ce.jpg

IMG_5998ce.jpg

Up in Hancock NY
IrenesCanonPics063ce.jpg

IrenesCanonPics075celogo.jpg

My wife did the camera work. She did pretty good for her first time and was really thrilled to see the Wreckluse bouncing around. I attached the head with a screw and put a pen spring to allow for some head movement.

It was really cool to see the pilot's head bobbing around while the wreckluse was hitting the rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sde6vZRwGUA

Last edited:
I like it better with the smaller wheel/tire combo.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I do as well.

They achieved the scale look i was going after without sacrificing too much height and performance.

On the other hand the 2.2 hammers are awesome in the performance department but they just kill the look.

I like it better with the smaller wheel/tire combo.
Just my opinion:
The way I see it the yotas, clods, f-350 pretty much trucks and those 4 door jeeps look good with 1.9, but the way things are now with rockracing, and the rockcrawlers I've been seeing in my 4x4 mags. they have big tires and look good. The timberwolf and wrekluse look better with 2.2's...:ror:

Just my opinion:
The way I see it the yotas, clods, f-350 pretty much trucks and those 4 door jeeps look good with 1.9, but the way things are now with rockracing, and the rockcrawlers I've been seeing in my 4x4 mags. they have big tires and look good. The timberwolf and wrekluse look better with 2.2's...:ror:

That's quite true. I guess my solution is - "how to convince the wife of another wreckluse build but with 2.2's? hmmmm".

I forgot to tell ya, nice job, that thing's pretty sweet..."thumbsup""thumbsup"

Thanks man...I had a big kool-aid grin running it . So much that i forgot something.

The receiver is not, shall i say, "WATERPROOF!!!".

Looks good

Thanks!

Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy when its done. I find myself like the car commercial when the guy finishes waxing his car and stares at it all day. I do the same thing. lol
I cant believe I did what I did.
Looks good.

Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy when its done. I find myself like the car commercial when the guy finishes waxing his car and stares at it all day. I do the same thing. lol
I cant believe I did what I did.
Looks good.

A-HA!!! Someone finally knows what i go through!

I have to show that commercial to the wife. She thinks i'm nuts...every time she passes by my work area and catches me in a quiet gaze, looking from different angles at my trucks.

Thanks for the compliment...

new video added

Hey i finally edited some footage from two outings.

This is my wreckluse with 1.9 and 2.2 wheel and tires.

The footage from the water was great fun till i lost the setscrew to my rear C-drive. That ended my run for the day.

My apologies for resolution but everytime i upload to youtube they compress video and it always turns out looking like this.

enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sde6vZRwGUA

Back