• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Multicharger power supply

Chicken Man

Rock Stacker
So, I saw that the newer chargers often have an XT60 DC input. I have been running my trusty old Hobbyking Eco 6 for years and with crawling being something I would leave home to do I found I wasn't bothered with charging one battery at a time in the lead up to a trip, as I mostly run 1/24, batteries last forever as well so it wasn't a big deal.
Anyhow, I recently discovered that planes with Gyro are way harder to crash, I started with an XK J3 Cub and it was pretty average but it verified something I had envisaged - I can fly at home, So I bought a Prime Tundra trainer and it's been absolutely funtastic.

I have an acre here in QLD and it's just enough to buzz around in circles for 10 minutes at a time and get take off/circle/landing drilled. The problem here is now I want all the batteries charged on the weekend, so - need new charger/s.

Anyhow - this long story is all to say - I repurposed a PC power supply and with PCIE connectors being 4x12v pos and negative I cut and swapped on a couple of XT60. Jumpered the 24pin and it's an easy way to run multiple chargers from one power point. My max charge draw is less than 30 watt a battery so I can potentially run 4x M4Q (16 batteries... lol) for example from one simple 500w PSU which importantly only requires one power point. Anyhow, I will only be running 2x dual but this is way better than using those dodgy balance boards to charge multiple batteries from one charger - may be worth something to someone.

Cheers

Back