• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Motor suggestions

So I bought a 16t crawlmaster sport and an 11t pinion. My question is, do I need to reuse these magnets?
a2b18f0482e00fc084528e03c0591258.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

^^^ Those magnets are ferrite beads, and are used to reduce electrical noise to the receiver.

With modern RC radios, they really aren't needed, and just take up space and add weight and complexity.

^^^ Those magnets are ferrite beads, and are used to reduce electrical noise to the receiver.

With modern RC radios, they really aren't needed, and just take up space and add weight and complexity.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll ditch em, and hopefully have the capra running again today.

Just wanted to add an update. I got the hh crawlmaster, and put an 11t pinion on it. I have the 4ws version and the gear mesh was not awesome, tons of noise. I took it down to my LHS because it didn't sound quite right.
We had to change the screws and extend the slots the motor mount screws go through, to get proper mesh. The slide holes are extended and we used screws with a smaller head to get proper mesh. Not sure if there's a difference but that's what I had to do to make the 11t pinion work.
Hopefully this will help somebody. I'll Add pictures once the kids go to bed

The hh crawlmaster is great, plenty of low speed, but even with the 11t pinion, it's still way faster that I walk. It's a bit noisy, but it's fine for now, it's not sitting on the beach torn apart.

Back