• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Motor/ESC Combo for Ryft Kit

Jbtamu1011

Rock Stacker
I'm looking to purchase a Ryft kit, and I'm trying to decide on a motor/esc combo. I'm looking into these. Mainly running 3S packs with a Reef servo.

- Castle Creations Mamba X Sensored 25.2V WP ESC and 1406-2850kV Crawler Sensored Combo

-or-

- Castle Creations Copperhead 10 ESC and 1406-2850kV Sensored Crawler Combo

I've used the first combo before in a wraith I had and seemed fine.

Thanks in advance!

I'm using the Copperhead 10 ESC & Castle 1415 2400kv motor, running 3S.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

I went with the RX4/2300HD combo. Bit more money, but it runs very quiet with no castle whine, and that's worth it for me.

Great combo in the Ryvt.

Mamba x and go 6s. Rift is not a crawler...

Copperhead is a crap money grab imo. It should have replaced the sidewinder at $90.

More voltage is pretty much always better.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Don't get what you're saying at all, as the Copperhead 10 is an EXCELLENT ESC, perfectly placed between the Mamba Micro X & Mamba X...and, it was NEVER intended to even be considered as a 'replacement' for the Sidewinder. The entire Sidewinder line is (purposely) "sensorless", whereas the Mamba line is (purposely) "sensored".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Mamba X
Castle 1415 sensored 2400KV

Thought about a smaller can motor but the Ryft is not a Sunday cruiser, it is all about excess my friend.

Back