• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Motor choice help

BDN

Quarry Creeper
Need some help chosing a motor for my ax10. Currently i have a integy 35 turn, 12t pinion,87t spur, HH TorqueMaster BR-XL with a 3s lipo. I was looking at eather a Crawlmaster team edition or Torquemaster team edition. I would like the same wheel speed but better low speed controll than the Integy, so what turn motor should i get?? it seems like the turns for the motors listed above don't match say an Integy motor.

Also whats the biggest difference between the Crawlmaster and Torquemaster motors.

Thanks for any input.

i wouldnt go for a team edition motor but rather just a handwound. if youre looking for smooth startup go with a crawlmaster pro but you will loose dragbrake with them but since you have a brxl you just need to use the holmes hold. for turns on a crawlmaster to be similar maybe faster to your current 35t would be the 16t
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed :: CrawlMaster Pro 540

the main difference between the crawlermaster and torquemaster is the armatures. the crawlmaster is a 5 segment arm while the torquemaster is a typical 3 segment

Last edited:
i'm running a 55t HH pro handwound on 3s. my gearing is 14/87 and it has great startup but could use a little more wheelspeed. a 45t would be perfect for me. if your looking for more wheelspeed the crawlmaster 16t would be the ticket but as said earlier you will have to change your drag brake settings. i noticed quite a bit of improvement going from a stock axial 55t to the HH 55t. personally i would go with a 35t handwound, and swap the pinion gear to a 14t. that would give you what you want.

Why NOT the team edition motors.
If possible a little more detail on the drag brake thing:)

theres no real need to go with the team motors unless you feel like spending another $10 or so. the crawlmaster motors just dont have as much dragbrake as the torquemaster or other handwound brushed mototrs because of its design. but since u have a hh brxl esc you can use the hold brake that it has to counteract the lack of drag brake so i wouldnt be a problem.

Thanks for all the help, ordered a 16T crawlmaster.

Back