• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mod19RC SCX24 Deadbolt Build

That is an awesome looking rig. I love the blue. It looks great with those shiny GearHeads and the red shocks.

Thanks. I was pretty happy with this one at the time. I later found out that you can use the stock upper "caps" with the Hobby Plus shocks for an even easier install and smooth motion. I actually sold off the gearheads recently and the deadbolt ended up becoming the donor for my prototype Micro Shark Build. I may resurrect it one day using spare parts.

Will be ordering some of your parts off of Shapeways later today. Thanks for doing all the design work!

Cool. It was a fun project and I still think it is a great platform despite the issues that some people have.

Thanks. I was pretty happy with this one at the time. I later found out that you can use the stock upper "caps" with the Hobby Plus shocks for an even easier install and smooth motion. I actually sold off the gearheads recently and the deadbolt ended up becoming the donor for my prototype Micro Shark Build. I may resurrect it one day using spare parts.

Cool. It was a fun project and I still think it is a great platform despite the issues that some people have.

What are the “issues” people are having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest one is probably the stock charger. Lots of folks reporting burned out motors. Stock servo is kind of weak and isn't up to the task once any weight is added. Horizon has been good about replacing things, of course, but there have been supply issues with parts due to the popularity of the trucks.

What's new? What color blue and backing paint for that sweet looking metallic blue? What wheelbases do your printed sliders fit? :)

Hey! The blue is Tamiya PS-59 backed with PS-41 silver and then PS-5 black. I have 3 different sets of sliders. They are specific to the 3 body styles and fit each one perfectly. Longer wheelbases would be fine. Going wide with the wheel spacers can be a little problematic up front on the stock wheelbase. Some people just trim the sliders if they need to.

thanks for making those parts available for us!
i purchased steering, esc/battery tray, shocks mounts for both my truck and my sons. couldnt be happier with the upgrades!"thumbsup"

Ordered sliders, esc mount, battery mount, and the improved steering links for my brother and I trucks as well! Thank you!

thanks for making those parts available for us!
i purchased steering, esc/battery tray, shocks mounts for both my truck and my sons. couldnt be happier with the upgrades!"thumbsup"

I'm glad you are happy with them. Thanks for the feedback. "thumbsup"

Ordered sliders, esc mount, battery mount, and the improved steering links for my brother and I trucks as well! Thank you!

Cool deal. Enjoy!

Thanks for the paint colors info and slider length reply! What's the weight of those GearHead wheels?

Thanks for the paint colors info and slider length reply! What's the weight of those GearHead wheels?

No problem. I don't remember what the increase in weight was, honestly, but it was noticeable. I would throw them on the scale and weigh them for you, but I sold them a while back. When you have a nice set of 1.0" wheels these days people are pestering you to death to sell them and sometimes the price is right. :)

EDIT: I should read my own thread...LOL. They add 6 grams of weight to each corner.

Last edited:
I ended up ordering the LCG parts and steering parts for mine, may have to look into the cage, sliders, and servo mount later on.

Answered your question on Shapeways, but for anyone else that is curious. Those links that come with the mount are only intended for the Deadbolt version and are not used for C10/Jeep versions.

Answered your question on Shapeways, but for anyone else that is curious. Those links that come with the mount are only intended for the Deadbolt version and are not used for C10/Jeep versions.

Thanks Rex.

Back