• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Moa esc setup - single vs dual?

DHnewkid3624

Trying to hunt down a hbz warthog chassis for an moa build. Should i set it up with a single or dual escs? Current transmitter is a futaba 4pl but i am thinking of upgrading to the 7pxr soon.

What are pros and cons of each?

Duel esc is the only way to go unless you want issues when crawling. Issues would be cold stall front or rear motor cutting out.. search clod stall on rcc/Google.

4pl is a good radio for an MOA rig.. I've been using a futaba 4pl for yrs..

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Dual br-minis are absolutely tittie's but I've built budget rigs using dual hobbywing 1080s and they're fine too.

Single esc moa is absolute garbage.

Electrons are lazy, and just like water, will flow to the point of least resistance. This is the core of "clod-stall" and the reason why dual ESCs are put into MOAs.

A single ESC is pushing power to both motors, when one motor takes more of a load, resistance in increased in that motor, and the electronics will simply flow to the other motor where there is less resistance. This is the exact situation that happens to a MOA crawler when it is climbing. In a dual ESC configuration, each ESC acts as its own gateway for the trons, pulling them on demand, and not allowing one to have more power than the other; in this way, clod-stall is eliminated.

Also, dual ESC allow for power mixing, for those situations where you don't want the back wheels to have a lot of power so they don't flip you over. They also allow for dig and burn functionality.

Last edited:
Back