• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mamba X aux wire trx4

TrickyRicky

Rock Stacker
In the TRX forum a user is asking a question that I would like to know the answer to also. Using a Mamba X ESC in a TRX4 can you use the AUX wire to trigger crawler mode (drag brake and instant reverse) using the channel for low range? So when in high range its normal brake and reverse but when switched to low range it goes into crawl mode. Thanks!

In the TRX forum a user is asking a question that I would like to know the answer to also. Using a Mamba X ESC in a TRX4 can you use the AUX wire to trigger crawler mode (drag brake and instant reverse) using the channel for low range? So when in high range its normal brake and reverse but when switched to low range it goes into crawl mode. Thanks!

Castle wont have an answer as this is related to the TRX4 and its radio/receiver not their ESC. the Aux wire connects one way only. Do not use a Y like mentioned in the other thread! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-crawlers/618982-trx-4-mamba-x-configuring.html

What you'll need to do is track down which channel on the receiver is used to toggle the two speed then plug the Aux wire into that channel and program the ESC....

Oh crap I just realized this is where you'll run into problems as the TRX4 radio does not have end points to adjust for the two speed and diff lockers. Adjusting end points and trims is how this is programmed so this will require a different radio that has those options.

Castle wont have an answer as this is related to the TRX4 and its radio/receiver not their ESC. the Aux wire connects one way only. Do not use a Y like mentioned in the other thread! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-crawlers/618982-trx-4-mamba-x-configuring.html

What you'll need to do is track down which channel on the receiver is used to toggle the two speed then plug the Aux wire into that channel and program the ESC....

Oh crap I just realized this is where you'll run into problems as the TRX4 radio does not have end points to adjust for the two speed and diff lockers. Adjusting end points and trims is how this is programmed so this will require a different radio that has those options.

Thanks I went and read the info a couple times and a different radio is required to do what they need. Bummer for sure.

Nice find, let us know how it works out. I dont think they ever followed up in that thread you linked.

Back