• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

making a Traxxas 550 Titan into a crawler motor

After running my own crawler in snow quite a bit (film 1 film 2) I can tell that it isn't as demanding on the motor as running on bare ground.
While the vehicle may struggle to move forward the low grip helps the motor spin the wheels more easily.

It will be interesting to see how well your motor (and mine) works in "real" climbs, a couple of months from now.

Video: rewound to 35T

I rewound the motors to have 35 turns. I used the same 24 gauge wire. Run times still seem similar to the 50T. Wheel speed is up and it still seems to have ample torque. I took this video today of the trucks running with the 35T motors. My crappy computer seems to be dropping audio when editing video. I added a song from youtube in the background. Not missing much, with the winds today most of the sound was just wind buffeting the mic.

FJ40 and Jeep Comanche with Traxxas Titan 550 35T motors - YouTube

titan.jpg

titan2.jpg

Back