• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Losi Rock Rey - my first scale rig

Bicketybam

Hey guys. My name is Ed and I’m in western CT. I got back into RC in June of last year. I’m a monster truck guy and I own a nitro Savage X, a nitro Losi Muggy and a bunch of Arrma trucks (Granite, Big Rock Crew Cab, Senton, Kraton, Notorious and Typhon). I like to bash hard and jump my trucks.

I’ve never tried rock crawling before and I’m not sure I’d like it. However, a guy at my LHS had a Losi Rock Rey in for some tires and I really liked to look of the truck (and the fact that it was a rock racer). He showed me some videos and I was hooked. I had no idea the kits were being discontinued and lucked out by buying the last one the shop had. I already had a Mamba X and a 1512-2650 motor from one of my Arrma builds and a Savox 1256TG servo so all I needed was a Spektrum receiver. I went with a 14t pinion to try and keep it at the RTR speeds.

I built the kit in about 16 hours. This was my first kit and I really enjoyed putting it together. I didn’t plan to really crawl with it so I went with 100k in the center diff and 30k in the front. I installed the Losi aluminum servo horn, spindles, front camber link mount and spindle carriers. I have run the truck for probably 10 packs. I broke the front bumper/skid, the front roll cage, bent a rear axle shaft and cracked the body. Really not too bad considering I launch it off a ramp and backflip it in the air!

Since I had to take it apart to replace the broken items, I decided to get a few more things: SSD 3rd member, Losi aluminum servo mount, bellcrank/servo saver, upper/lower bulkhead track rod mounts, HR front gear box, HR rear shock towers and the HR front shock tower brace. I’m in the market for beadlocks/tires that will suit my driving style. My biggest complaint with the stock tires is they tend to make the truck roll over a lot.

Anyway, I’m enjoying reading about your guys’ builds. If there is anything else I should look to upgrade, please suggest away. Here is a video of me running my Rock Rey. I kind of cover everything I do with it (general bashing, trail, jumping off ramps).

https://youtu.be/qV9DpcfGqDQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back