• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Losi, Axial? LosIal

MaFoDes

Quarry Creeper
Not sure where to post this, as it neither is 100% Axial and neither 100% Losi. So don't hang me for it....

From the LNC "Crawling Dragon" project (build also here on RCC) i still had the original Body. Laying useless on the shelf.

23tle38.jpg

Recently i got kinda fed up with my Axial SCX10 G6 rig. Don't get me wrong. I love that car. She was my first SCX10 and always has been my trusty, reliable workhorse. Where all my other rigs broke down or made me do the walk of shame, she went on. Eternal love here....

No, it was the look. Recently i already gave her a "make over". Tried to seperate her from all the other G6 type rigs around.

4ta5no.jpg

But still.... I see too many G6's around (with all respect).

So yesterday i started getting into a "feellikebuildingsomethingcrazy" mood. Very dangerous, as normally i do weird things then.
I took the Losi body, grabbed my daughters nailpolishremover and removed the old paint. I prefer to use the version without aceton, but hey... I had (read: wanted immediatly) to work with what i had around.
In my experience the non-aceton version leaves less flattening on the Lexan.

It took me 5 hours to get all the paint off. I started to spray it, still not knowing where and what direction i was going.
As the paint remover left it's marks, i had to cover some spots with decals. Yes, let me be honost on that :mrgreen:. Off course my personal trademark, the Angelwings had to be on there.

raougi.jpg

Then it hit me. I took both my SCX's. The Rubicon and the G6. Took the transmission, steel drive shafts and dual motor setup from the Rubicon and switched that to the G6 rig. Also turned it 180 degrees to reduce the torque twist. Something i should have done months ago, but was too lazy for 8).

As i wanted to make the Losi body fit on it, the battery has to go across. So tinkering a battery plate for that from a sheet of aluminum i had around.

epp0z9.jpg

Nice... to give it a finish i covered it in selfadhesive carbon foil i had.

25k7q6x.jpg

I made a hole in the rear of the body for the Hobbywing WP860 esc and fan to go through.

141tik2.jpg

To accomplish this i made a bracket of aluminum.

250qccx.jpg

35asqi9.jpg

I like the looks of it. But that is strictly personal of course....

2uh4745.jpg

The receiver came in the rear, also on that bracket. As i do know myself - i like to drive through water - i plugged all the wires in and soaked it in plastidip.

The final step made me a bit nervous. The Axial chassis was too long and had to be shortened. An irriversible proces.... :roll:
But ok... Sacrifices are to be made.

29o1ndj.jpg

I sawed off 1+ inch of the chassis in the front and 1,5+ inch in the rear.

Unoffical poser pic...
2s6nghu.jpg

v5iyyq.jpg

Body, tires and wheels: Losi NightCrawler.

Chassis, transmission, axles: Axial SCX10.

rotate the shock "keys" so they point towards the transmission front and rear. that way your shocks lean it at a better angle instead of lifting your rig. if youre building a shafty comp crawler thats the way to go.

Back