• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Losi 1/10th scale crawler

Pappy

Rock Crawler
Is this rig available? And is it as good as thet claim? I'm stuck between an AX-10 90001 kit and the Losi for my first rig, as I want something that can be very competitive, and not change rigs as I get more into it. In other words buy it right the first time. Any input is welcome.8)

i am also interested in the same thing. i would rather buy this over one of these others that i will probably end up upgrading to this caliber anyways so i might as well start off here. i know nothing about crawlers except for what i have read here the last week or so...so i will be needing lost of help:lol:

Oh changing parts is no problem........I mod the crap out of everything, I'm just looking for a really good platform to start with. I hate to buy something and be limited on what it can do, as that is why the AX-10 is a consideration, as it seems almost limitless from what I see of the available mods. I got to drive one, and was extremely impressed with what it would do. The worm gears seem like a great option as does the dual dig units. I'm really anxious to get going, but will wait to see how the Losi fairs in actual use.

waiting is the best option but you also have to learn how to drive just cause the axial,berg, losi get great reviews doesnt always mean it will suit your driving style. you could also buy a used rig and build up from there.

waiting is the best option but you also have to learn how to drive just cause the axial,berg, losi get great reviews doesnt always mean it will suit your driving style. you could also buy a used rig and build up from there.

Hmmm, sounds like some good advice could be in store here.....Could you explain the driving style thing a little more. I'm anxious to learn what I can here."thumbsup"

whatever truck u end up getting you just have to learn how to drive it. ive seen some guys that are always changing chassis, or going to droop setup, or changing from 3link to 4 link and there rig never crawls the way they want them to because there always changing things. just my 2 cents also dont change everything at once cause then you wont know what really worked and didnt.

DRIVING STYLE

some like more wheel speed, others like more torque. Some like softer suspension, others like a stiffer setup, same goes for ride height, total rig weight, weight balest(front-to-rear) no rig is indentical in this part of the rc culture"thumbsup"

They ship to dealers tomorrow. If you have not claimed one by now do it, as they are back ordered. I pre-ordered DEC.12 2008. The 2nd shipment of them will be mid june, so hurry up and claim one on the next shipment. I'm sure the next shipment will be back ordered soon enough.

can't wait to see some feedback from people on this one! Hoping the local shop will have one that I can look at! Either that or I will be on the lookout for a smoking deal somewhere.... hint, hint!

Quick question/clarification...

on the losi does it need a 3 channel for f/r dig or a 4 channel... 1 channel for front and 1 channel for rear? My understanding is a 3 channel is all that is needed but when I assume things......bad things happen.

thanks

It does need a three position option for the third channel for the front AND rear dig to work right. Some radios are only 2 position or linear which won't work. My JRxs3 pro won't work so if I want the Losi (and I do!) I will have to get another radio, which is fine because ever since I "rented" Jason's 1.9 rig and used his DX-3R I have been looking for an excuse to get one.:mrgreen:

The Futaba 3pm will work. It has a two position 3rd channel but allows for a 2nd condition (aka third position for the third channel).

Back