• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

looking for first comp crawler build

dodgeboy8888

Rock Stacker
i am a newbie at comp crawler been looking around here now for a while.

i will start my built after my vacation in august.

up to now this is what i am aiming for .

chassis chaotic crawler smash

berg v1 axle

probably 2 sidewinder micro esc

motors not sure yet

i presently have a futaba 3pmx tx was wondering if will be enough for a comp crawler as i see most run with a 4ch tx.

please feel free to give me advice and pointers . or even different kind of rig

thx in advance

For motors I recommend holmes hobby torquemaster pro or crawlmaster pro or tekin hand wound if you want to go brushed.

probably 2 sidewinder micro esc

motors not sure yet

Call me prejudiced if you want, but in my comp crawler I run a Micro Sidewinder and one of these......
trubble-48139-albums2052-34106.jpg

thinking about ordering up another one for an upcoming build to see what either an HHK wind or an LP wind would do for me.
There's also some more reasonably priced machine wound motors, too.
Check 'em out, Team Brood.

And I've got the Holmes Torquemaster Pro in my CUCV.

Both run Micro Sidewinders, both are 35 turn, both geared 14/87, both use the same 3S/30C/1300mAh packs. The CUCV runs 1.9 w/t, the crawler 2.2.
Both motors are butter smooth with plenty of power. Can't really say anything bad about either one, love 'em both.

if i go for a smash chassis from chaotic crawler i see they have the links. but if i decide to go for the t1e special ops wich links do i have to use ?

Back