• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Looking for a little direction to get started with small scale crawling.

Zad2k

Hello all, I'm wanting to get a small scale crawler for indoor use during rainy days and late nights.

I was looking around on the net and found the Losi Mini Rock Crawler and decided that's what I wanted but now it appears the Losi branded model is no more and it has been replaced by the more expensive Vaterra Slickrock.

$250 is way more than I want to spend on this so now the alternatives in my price range I'm seeing are the Redcat Everest 16, the Exceed Maxstone 16 or the HSP Kulak. They all appear to be essentially MRC clones but I'm having trouble finding info on any of these trucks and was hoping some more informed members could help me out with this.

I'm mostly looking for the best durability and performance for about $100.
Thanks!

Hi I have the hsp kulak and In my opinion it has been amazing especially for the price (got mine for $96) the only issue I had was that the steering link and servo were both very weak so I upgraded to a full size servo and metal link and well as the c hubs and knuckles (wouldn't bother upgrading c hubs and knuckles until they break as some people have had no issues with them) but really the rest that I upgraded was just for a little more performance. Here are some photos
87253af089ea647780f366be1d6f6cfa.jpg
9a80ed8f54133e662cef49345c96daad.jpg

At this scale I'd probably buy a clone too. I have a Losi MRC and I have to say I've always thought it was very overpriced. The same goes for its replacement, the Vaterra Slick Rock.

Back